Author Topic: Why Geobra …why the colors  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Why Geobra …why the colors
« on: January 09, 2024, 03:42:58 »
I think this would have been such a nice set to add to many different diorama themes if not for the hideous colors. Was it really necessary to pick such awful colors 

A blue roof, who has a blue roof ? Why are most of the windows that terrible puke green but then a few are lavender  ? Lavender metal balcony , come on .

Why not just make the dog orange and the horse bright red ? The grass in the picture could have been pink

Did I mention I hate the colors

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Why Geobra …why the colors
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 09:08:58 »
They are color blind. I can't  think of no other explanation.

Did you see the beautiful Ayuma cart?  METALLIC PURPLE. Enough said.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 15:03:15 »

Oh for the love of god….WHY !

That would have been such a great useful set

Who the hell is charge of color selections over at Geobra ?

Off with their head , please
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 18:24:46 »
Funny but the purple cart reminds me of the gift cart which used to be located at the exit of Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion -- Madame Leota's caravan named "Varda." It was originally conceived as part of a potential attraction called "The Museum of the Weird," but when that wasn't approved the design was repurposed to sell merchandise.

Frankly, with a few added elements and some freehand decorating, it probably would make a nice Varda!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 20:03:24 »
That would have been such a great useful set

Yes.... It's... I don't know what to say. It's like they mean NOT to sell. I would REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY  love to know their purpose. Or maybe I'm better off not knowing.

That and again the idiotic body types. :(

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 20:11:41 »
Perhaps turquoise would have been better?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2024, 20:17:44 »
Funny but the purple cart reminds me of the gift cart which used to be located at the exit of Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion -- Madame Leota's caravan named "Varda." It was originally conceived as part of a potential attraction called "The Museum of the Weird," but when that wasn't approved the design was repurposed to sell merchandise.

Frankly, with a few added elements and some freehand decorating, it probably would make a nice Varda!

Purple often appears in cartoons as a dark colour. Haunted houses and the like have this colour but usually depicted at night where the purple makes the building stand out against the night sky while still looking sinister. The Scooby Doo mansion is purple for the same reason and probably why your Varda cart was that colour.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2024, 20:27:11 »
When I first saw the house/stable I though the colours were great but it was a quick glance and my eye was drawn to the yellowish walls and brown parts because previous buildings have had worse colours. The roof should be slate coloured - dark grey. The windows the same colour as the walls or a paler cream colour. I know kids like bright colours but you don't see odd coloured police cars or fire engines. What's wrong with buildings that are realistic colours? Add-on sets with different window and door colours is how it should be done.
I've seen balcony rails in black, grey and white, not purple.
Playmobil does seem to have a thing for purple like when the viking theme came out and the related barbarians - purple everywhere. I bet the themes would have sold better if natural colours and primary colours had been used.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2024, 21:21:01 »
Playmobil does seem to have a thing for purple like when the viking theme came out and the related barbarians - purple everywhere. I bet the themes would have sold better if natural colours and primary colours had been used.

Purple would be a lesser evil. METALLIC PURPLE?!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2024, 22:47:24 »
I can live with the blue roof and the green window frames. Lavender is one color too many.

As for the cart, #canihaveitinbrown
I'd even accept a darker purple, but that particular shade reminds me of children's tylenol.