Author Topic: Tiermann's Instagram Cross Posts  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Tiermann's Instagram Cross Posts
« on: April 20, 2020, 18:07:32 »
I have an Instagram account - timspfd  - but I know that some people don't do Instagram. I am going to cross post here images that have so far only been there. I usually take them with my tablet, and have reformatted some of them with photo software for posting here since Instagram insists on square images.
First up is today's post - two custom figures I did for use with the western Train Engine 21. The torso of the Engineer is from Series 17 hobo carpenter guy, and the torso on the other one is from one of the Milka figures as seen in (and pretty much stolen from) a Tahra custom a while back.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Tiermann's Instagram Cross Posts
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 18:10:35 »
I am going to go ahead an post a few back images here to get caught up.
I finally got my hands on the Victorian Photographer and got to thinking about all the other cameras I have accidentally collected as I was getting other things over the years. So I did two images of my camera collection. First here is Photo Op

and then the companion image - Film at 11

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 18:11:23 »
An Easter Bunny image taken in my back yard on Easter Sunday

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 18:15:59 »
Those are awesome Tiermann! Love the train guy from that odd figure torso!  Might steal that one :love:
(the torso of the other one was originally from the Roncalli truck clown)

Thank you for sharing - I am one of the "don't do instagram people"..

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 18:43:30 »
The last one for today is a picture of my main Figure Collection shelf showing a mix of exclusives, customs from friends, and a few stock figures that I really like or are rare.

Top to bottom left to right:
top shelf: Custom Knight Christmas exchange from Janette in Australia from back in Playmoboard days, Viking Easter egg, Greek Gods full series plus the Altaya Athena with the blue shield
Second Shelf: Forest Spirit from 3897 and a custom bee girl by Dirk in Belgium, sharethesmile figure, collector club Don Quixote, Blue Competance horse and jockey, white solid saddle horse (thanks Graham), Collectors club:Traveling Tim, yearly figures years 1,2,3,4; 30th anniversary figures, 40th anniversary figures, Altaya Indian with the cool shield, red fairy from Quick with the silver sun
Third shelf: Victorian Light pole with 2 PlayPeople Bobbies, the Hamleys Bobby and a LEGO one, the three Knights Christopher promos, Prussian Soldier, Markgraf Friedrich III, Bamburg Rider, Frederick the Great, two custom knights caparison by Cowabounga with squires, the hunter from 3741 Hunter's stand, the Mountie
Bottom shelf: Hamleys Royal Guard, Bach, Zirndorf Policeman, Heinrich der Loewe, Martin Luther, Goethe, Durer, Gingerbread baker, Frenchman, Royal Couple of the Netherlands, Vermeer Milk maid, the Night watch, Rembrandt portraits

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 18:45:44 »
Those are awesome Tiermann! Love the train guy from that odd figure torso!  Might steal that one :love:
(the torso of the other one was originally from the Roncalli truck clown)

Thank you for sharing - I am one of the "don't do instagram people"..

As soon as I saw both of those torsos I immediately thought old time trains. I got the suspenders torso in a group of the same from Malta so have a few more, but they all have the purple shorts that aren't terribly useful.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 20:10:52 »
I love those train figures, Tim.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 20:42:34 »
Great pictures, Tim!
I like the camera collections, showing how PM photographers and film/TV camera operators have evolved.
Nice Bluebells, ours have just come out too.
That last picture shows a great collection of many special figures. I think you showed us a similar one a little while ago, but it's always interesting to see what other collectors actually do with their collections!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 02:21:04 »
Thanks for posting these for us humble noninstagrammarians! Beautiful shots!  :love:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 07:54:16 »
Thanks for sharing, Tiermann! The train figures are spot-on and the overview of different cameras provides an interesting perspective into the evolution of Playmobil.

Your collection shelf is a sight to behold! The bobbies with the lightpole are an eyecatcher. If you don't mind me asking: how is your 4430 holding up? Mine is botched.