Author Topic: New Products Catalog at Klickywelt  (Read 3696 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: New Products Catalog at Klickywelt
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2024, 08:03:59 »
Being able to show catalogue pages before publication like this is a concession won from Geobra in exchange for undertaking to keep the pictures confidential.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2024, 10:49:14 »
No new Hollywood car this year?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2024, 14:30:29 »
Being able to show catalogue pages before publication like this is a concession won from Geobra in exchange for undertaking to keep the pictures confidential.

And yet they wonder why they are laying off workers and people who work there complain  ?

This entitled attitude is prevalent throughout Geobra ,

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2024, 14:42:35 »
What's the problem? Forgot your password? Why don't you just reset it and look at the pictures instead of complaining here about their policy? They'll have their reasons.

Everybody can easily set up an account at KW if they are interested to see the new catalogue.

Here’s a novel idea, how about Geobra just worry about marketing their toys so they sell to as many customers as possible and support their grass roots advertisers, aka collectors.

This false and delusional idea that its the best toy on the planet is coming from their own echo chamber

They are loosing market shares. They had the initial boost when many brick and mortar shops closed up which equated to 100% retail profit retention . But now people will not be impulse buying from store shelf exposure . On Amazon when you search “Playmobil” there are almost as many LEGO ads. When you search “LEGO” guess what…. You get LEGO ads so your 100% exposed to LEGO

Ya me complaining is the problem  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2024, 15:27:08 »
I registered at KW this morning, thank you StJohn.

What is puzzling to those of us in the US is why PM feels the need to keep something secret when their marketing opportunities here continue to shrink. The largest US toy store chain carrying PM went bankrupt and closed in 2017. The small "Mom and Pop" toy stores still in existence aren't carrying PM anymore. The two largest US retail chains, Wal-Mart and Target, don't carry PM anymore. There are almost no opportunities for children or parents to "stumble upon" or discover the merchandise by happenstance -- as I and my children did in the mid 2000s via a small local toy store, when I first became aware of the brand. Yes, PM has its web site... but who knows it exists if you don't even know what the brand is in the first place?

It's not as though the US market is dead or not worth investing in. My forays on US Ebay have shown there is a real appetite for PM, and not just for parts -- I am facing tough competition on NISB sets, so the money and fanbase is there. Amazon (despite the ever-present Lego ads in PM searches) is also showing a good appetite for PM, as evidenced by the healthy "# of sets bought in last month" figure shown in each listing.

I understand PM reflects German culture (with all the attendant requirements for safety, security, privacy, etc.), but at some point they have to realize they need to exploit every marketing advantage they can. If they can release something to a fan site, they can release it to the world -- and should do so.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2024, 18:30:24 »
This false and delusional idea that its the best toy on the planet is coming from their own echo chamber

Uhm?  ???

On Amazon when you search “Playmobil” there are almost as many LEGO ads. When you search “LEGO” guess what…. You get LEGO ads so your 100% exposed to LEGO

I have no idea why people think that messing up search results is a good thing.  If I search for playmobil, that is what I want (or anything else). When the site gives me 3467435 results, but only 3 on the first two pages are actually what I searched for... well. Sorry. To Tartarus with it.

I understand PM reflects German culture (with all the attendant requirements for safety, security, privacy, etc.), but at some point they have to realize they need to exploit every marketing advantage they can.

IF they wanted money. :(

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2024, 19:36:11 »
Ya me complaining is the problem  :lol:

Feel free to complain about Geobra to your heart's desire, Rasputin. I enjoy it too. :D

I object to your mocking Klickywelt – that is what my possessive pronoun their refers to:

(...) complaining here about their policy? (...)

which I think is unfair. As GrahamB already said, both Geobra and fellow Klickywelt members (who bring in the paper copy of the fresh catalogue) don't want the images to circulate, so Klickywelt moderators proceed as they do, by putting them behind a log-in and adding their watermark. An acceptable solution, I think.

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2024, 19:44:49 »
both Geobra and fellow Klickywelt members (who bring in the paper copy of the fresh catalogue) don't want the images to circulate

For what purpose?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2024, 19:57:09 »
Feel free to complain about Geobra to your heart's desire, Rasputin. I enjoy it too. :D

I object to your mocking Klickywelt – that is what my possessive pronoun their refers to:

:love:

Some nice new sets there, like that they're doing a character set for Asterix even if it doesn't include Graindemais. The witch riding a broom with handlebars is interesting and I must have seen that steck ruin before because the tree accessory and gargoyles are familiar and should be useful.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2024, 20:03:03 »
No new Hollywood car this year?
Not so far, maybe later in the year. How many iconic cars are left? Would people buy a beetle if it had the Herbie racing colours, or the mini if it were a Mr Bean set?