Author Topic: Dismantling Swimsuit Klickys  (Read 73542 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Dismantling Swimsuit Klickys
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2015, 19:39:36 »
Thanks so much. If they all have fringe, they won't be quite right. Maybe I'll try putting the black legs on and see if they look ok with speedo dad's ever so slightly muscular torso.

I've been tempted to file the fringe on "Aladdin", but didn't...

If you change your mind... let me know :)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2015, 21:36:51 »
maybe the technical diffeiculties i mentioned with the potential creation of a 1968 women's liberation commemorative set can be solved.
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14883.0
the burning part would still be tricky, maybe.
  :hmm:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2015, 17:19:23 »
So I finally got around to the dismantling of speedo dad part of my project. (Truth be told I had my husband do it because I have proven myself inept over and over again at all klickie dismantling.)

He tried bonniebeth's method that's illustrated at the start of this thread. Pulled it apart, and the frame remained stuck inside the torso! Pulled apart rocker lady, and the same thing happened!  Which wouldn't have been so bad, as the parts would've still been interchangeable, but I needed a different head on speedo dad, so he had to grasp the teeny tiny bit of frame that was sticking out of the torso and yank it and the head until the torso and head separated!

But it all worked out and I am pleased with the result! (Well, after I painted rocker lady's pink shoes, that wasn't working for me!  :lol:)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2015, 18:35:24 »
Pulled it apart, and the frame remained stuck inside the torso! Pulled apart rocker lady, and the same thing happened! 

:o  That NEVER happend to me... And I've popped quite a few...
(I broke a frame once, but never had it remain stuck to the head :o )

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2015, 20:44:11 »
:o  That NEVER happend to me... And I've popped quite a few...
(I broke a frame once, but never had it remain stuck to the head :o )

I never encountered that either...  ???

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2016, 01:42:09 »
Any luck removing the swim cap from the Olympic swimmer? Is it attached like any other hat or hair piece?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2016, 07:56:17 »
Any luck removing the swim cap from the Olympic swimmer? Is it attached like any other hat or hair piece?

Yes, just a common "hair"...

Though I did get in lots a bunch of old style women hairs that ARE attached to the head. Have no idea how or why.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2020, 23:22:21 »
Sorry, but I have a question about this old topic – haven't read all nine pages above me, so perhaps it has already been answered. In that case, here's another pre-emptive apology.

The question is: can one swap inlays/skeletons of swimsuit legs? There come in two types, grey for Figures heads, and white for plain ones, and I notice that they are pre-assembled to the legs (in case of Figures bags), so clearly aren't perceived as assemblable pieces by the manufacturer. If they can be exchanged, how does one remove them from their legs – force them off with pliers?

Any thoughts are very welcome. Many thanks!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2020, 08:04:26 »
Sorry, but I have a question about this old topic – haven't read all nine pages above me, so perhaps it has already been answered. In that case, here's another pre-emptive apology.

The question is: can one swap inlays/skeletons of swimsuit legs? There come in two types, grey for Figures heads, and white for plain ones, and I notice that they are pre-assembled to the legs (in case of Figures bags), so clearly aren't perceived as assemblable pieces by the manufacturer. If they can be exchanged, how does one remove them from their legs – force them off with pliers?

Any thoughts are very welcome. Many thanks!

You can. I think I used a thin screwdriver.. But while sometimes is easy peasy, other times I just can't. Right now, I don't even remember how to do it.. But with the new figures, it would be useful to replace the ones in the final versions for normal frames... since the figure ones are useful for drafting. Of course, with how hard it is to switch them, compared to normal klickys, most of the time I just don't bother....

Only for special customs, like Saxa, Kore or Ahsoka, where when needed I also messed with the head to work as a figure head...