Author Topic: 5245 - The new Union Fort  (Read 7133 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
5245 - The new Union Fort
« on: September 18, 2012, 11:17:42 »
I bought (and assembled) this one yesterday (sorry - my iphone's bust so no pictures yet), and I would like to ask a question to anyone who has bought it too: is it me, or is this new fort FULLY customizable?

From what I can see, it is exremely easy to make it bigger, and not just by using the official add-on. The much-maligned rocky part can easily be removed, and in it's place one can add a section of wall + the corner wall connector. The tower can then easily be removed too from the rocky corner, and used like the fort towers of old. If this is so (and forgetting the silly cannon and fisher-pricey colours), I think this is one of the best forts ever released. I like the old Bravo etc ones, but for all their old-skool glory, they were still a pain to build and (especially) to keep intact.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: 5245 - The new Union Fort
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:30:54 »
Good to hear, sounds like a good buy! 
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:39:27 »
I cant wait for pics. Im going to pick the fort up next month for my son's birthday.  Im glad PM revamped thr western theme. I did pick up the new goldmine yesrerday. I was so excited to open and assemble that i didnt take one photo.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 14:21:55 »
how can you two say all these things and yet provide no pictures  :hissyfit: I passed up the sets yesteday knowing that they would be more lame duck sets but now you say this  :no:

its a good thing I am going back to TRU today  :P
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 14:28:50 »
Yes! That sounds great! :yippee: I suspected it might be customizable. And yeah, the old forts are a pain, I must say. They're more tedious than system x, any day!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 14:32:52 »
Yes they take time but it worth it when you are done. In my opinion they look the best out of all the western fort wall building systems
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 16:15:59 »
Today I read in the newspaper that this fort is in the running to be voted best toy of the 2012 here in Belgium. A father (whose son was voting) said his kid just wouldn't stop playing with it  :) There was a picture of the fort and everything.

Very cool to see PM in the newspaper over breakfast, by the way   ;D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 09:46:37 »
The original western steck forts are the best, so easy to expand and customise. They should have used the old system with some new parts etc instead if you ask me  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 10:31:00 »
Fort has made the TRU hot toy 2012 list as well  ;D
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 12:11:01 »
The original western steck forts are the best, so easy to expand and customise. They should have used the old system with some new parts etc instead if you ask me  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

They're not steck. ??? They're put together with these weird little clips! Very tedious getting the clips on there, and then you can't move it without everything shifting and falling apart.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.