Author Topic: Happy Valentines  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Happy Valentines
« on: February 17, 2010, 01:36:12 »
Hello  :*)

This Valentines I decided to use Playmobil as a sweet gesture to my sweet heart. Also I learned that women can learn to hate colors or smells if they are present during arguments. I thought of using this in a positive way. I figured if I could get my lovely wife to associate sweet gestures with Playmobil than it would have a positive physiological impression on here and see would soon be unconsciously buying blue boxes  :lol:

Any ways here is the type of things I set around the house. Each opportunity I will do more and more of these.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline reylocann

• Playmo Fanatic
  • One can never have too many cats!
Re: Happy Valentines
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 02:39:55 »
I guess chivalry isn't dead after all!!!! :cheerlead:  That means there is still hope!   :cheerlead:

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. - Plato

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 02:54:31 »
That's very nice Rasputin, let me know if that works! It would be dangerous for me to leave that much Playmobil out and visible.  ::)

Gepetto

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 23:34:44 »
Hi Ras,
I know I'm a bit late but I've only just seen this - what a lovely idea   :love: - well ..... did it work?
Looking at your photo I think you must have had the same experiences with your boys as I had with mine seeing the children trying to climb over high walls etc.   :omg:

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 03:53:19 »
lol!

In Brasil, we don't celebrate this Valentine guy, but the "Santo Antonio" (June 13th, which is June 12th, (mid)night).

Of course, with the years, and people having become less religious, everybody forgot the saint, and there's a commercial date they now (for the last few decades) call "Dia dos Namorados" .. (Boy/Girl)Friend's Day, which became the 12th June, and nobody has the slightest idea that the original day is the 13th ... :P Which is the day when people buy presents to their lovers ...

(No problem to me. I'm not Catholic anyway, yakes -- all respect to those who might be, but it simply isn't to me, however I do call myself a follower of the Hebrew god's son ...)

So, what's the Valentine's history, does anybody know that? (I love to learn where traditions come from! :) )
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 14:46:47 »
St. Valentine was a person who gave his life for a little girl that he didnt know
so that she would be saved from death.
I think the legend goes that she was blind and she gained sight as soon as she beleived in Jesus.
It's something along those lines... been a while. :-[
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 15:21:00 »
Very neat !  Might want to watch that little kid on the starboard bow ;D
The little boat is very nifty too!

Best regards,
Jimbo