Author Topic: My Circus  (Read 6261 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: My Circus
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 16:49:17 »

Do circuses with animals exist anymore? I have only been to one circus before which didn't have any animals - just people acts, where I got called into the ring where I had to lay down in the middle and had some mad BMXer jumping over me :0

Hi Flatcat

The traveling Circus's that come through our area changes every year. The circus of 09 did have animals, elephants , zebras, camels, weird looking pigs, miniature horses and a slue of other odd things. Now we went and enjoyed our time but let me tell you there was a mob of angry protesters in the parking lot that were quite disturbed. They did not like that there were performing animals of any kind there and wanted to let everyone know that it was uncalled for. The animals certainly looked better off that the confined Zoo quarters. We were photographed for the newspaper as patrons of the circus and a brief interview on why we felt the way we did. as the saying goes "Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one"

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 16:52:19 »
Hi Flatcat
I too agree that a Fairgrounds Carnival would be so great. A carousel (a real one) booths were you win stuffed animals, large slides , games of all kinds, a shooting gallery, then there are the truly scary people, the carnies  :hmm: We need an email petition, or we write to Geobra in crayons  ;)
Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Couldn't the new Christmas market stalls be customised into such fairground stalls:

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 17:27:50 »
nice photos, Flatcat, and thanks for sharing.

That camel truck is interesting as it is obviously the Unimog which has appeared in various forms except that the dropsides and tail board seem higher than the others, for example, those on the construction truck, 3755: 

http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3755.htm
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 17:33:33 »
nice photos, Flatcat, and thanks for sharing.

That camel truck is interesting as it is obviously the Unimog which has appeared in various forms except that the dropsides and tail board seem higher than the others, for example, those on the construction truck, 3755: 

http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3755.htm

I have the construction varient 3755 as well and it is one of my favourites too. Another difference is that the back of the construction truck tips up, whereas the back of the camel truck doesn't (so makes cleaning out the back that bit harder after the camels have been in there :D)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 17:46:14 »
Stupid me - it does tip up :doh:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 17:53:38 »

Couldn't the new Christmas market stalls be customised into such fairground stalls:

Great idea :!: , Flatcat!

That would be a very inexpensive conversion for Playmobil to do.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 18:00:11 »
These I believe are all the Unimog body variants ???
  • Low side tipper
  • High side tipper
  • Tanker
  • Tow
My circus truck should have a flashing light pole but it is missing :(

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 18:04:44 »
That would be a very inexpensive conversion for Playmobil to do.

And indeed ourselves ;)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 18:26:31 »

These I believe are all the Unimog body variants ???
  • Low side tipper
  • High side tipper
  • Tanker
  • Tow
My circus truck should have a flashing light pole but it is missing :(

That's very interesting, Flatcat ...

You and Heather "almost" agree ... ;)

You seem to each have one that the other does not ...  ???
(Did Geobra change the chassis part number?)

see attachment

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 19:00:50 »

Hi Flatcat

Yes that is also what I was thinking. Those stalls will be perfect for such a layout. I plan on incorporating the circus with a carnival as I do not have enough for seperate dioramas. I will load the front trays on the stalls with balls and guns for games and put up targets such as a table with a stack of bottles or similar items. Then change the stickers to simulate a carnival atmosphere and and a really strung out guy for the carinie  8} Although most of our carnivals employees have now become illegal immigrants  who rarely speak English  :hmm: I hope they understand "STOP he bolts on our ride are falling out!"  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: