Author Topic: klickyklack's small & evolving collection  (Read 10516 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: klickyklack's small & evolving collection
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 20:03:45 »
These are the rest of my current collection of fixed hand klickys.  The pastel guys from 1974 were supposed to be my birthday gift.  Er, they're over a month early but I couldn't put them aside & wait to play with them :lol:

:love: :love:  They are gorgeous!

I only managed that pale yellow one recently... If I cross any others... well..

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 21:32:59 »
:love: :love:  They are gorgeous!

I only managed that pale yellow one recently... If I cross any others... well..

I've crushed on them for many years, so I'm thrilled to finally have some.  Their colours remind me of vintage pyrex  :love:   I hope some others turn up for you to join the pale yellow one. :heart:

Of course then they had to have their own horses (hence the horses).  I'm sure I already had 1 horse that I got with other items years ago but typically now I can't locate it (I'm certain I kept it so it must be buried in a box somewhere ??? ), I'm hoping it turns up at some point (I think it's a dark brown or black one).  It has been really bugging me where it is but I have an injury & can't move things around to search at the moment.  ::)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 10:10:45 »
Those Pyrex Boys are in really nice condition and form a great set! Did they come from a Dutch seller? The one I am thinking of always seems to have loads of early klickies for sale, I wonder where he gets them?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 14:37:09 »
The fixed wrist klickies have a charm of their own.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 18:17:01 »
Those Pyrex Boys are in really nice condition and form a great set! Did they come from a Dutch seller? The one I am thinking of always seems to have loads of early klickies for sale, I wonder where he gets them?

Thanks, I'm so happy with them & they are in really nice condition! Yes re. the Dutch seller & I know what you mean, they must have some good sources, they have a really nice selection of items (er, I might have another item on the way from them  :toot: ).   

The fixed wrist klickies have a charm of their own.

They really do! What they lack in wrist articulation they make up in old school charm for sure.   

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 19:25:28 »
Good wrist action is over-rated. :toot:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 20:50:46 »
Good wrist action is over-rated. :toot:

:hmm:  :lol:   

I've been trying to make a decent grasshopper lady to go with my grasshopper guys. I got another head section (with the antennae) in with one & so had to make use of it.

I started with a green Victorian dress (in the photo with the 2 grasshoppers) but wasn't happy with it, so I started again.  I'm much happier with my second attempt, even though the hands are a different green than the proper grasshopper hands (I figure if their head is 2 different greens then their hands can be a different green too). 

I'll have to take a proper group photo at some point.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 00:20:02 »
Both versions look great. Did you try the victorian version with the green scarf?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 00:27:07 »
Both look great, but I like the second version better I think. More cheerful

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 03:57:30 »
Both versions look great. Did you try the victorian version with the green scarf?

Thank you! I did, didn't take any photos, I think the black details on the green dress felt wrong for grasshopper lady.

Both look great, but I like the second version better I think. More cheerful

Thanks! yes! the colours felt more summery & in fitting with her!  She makes me think of illustrations from a book by Fritz Baumgarten that I had as a child. 

These aren't from the book I had, but  :hearts:  (It's no wonder I loved the mushroom building in the bunny school & the fairy set..)  In my head my bunny weirdos, the grasshoppers & fairys all inhabit the same world with mushroom buildings. 

« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 04:07:15 by klickyklack »