Author Topic: Contests not to compete but to share  (Read 8862 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: Contests not to compete but to share
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 14:50:58 »
I must have lost track, when did we decide there was going to be a theme for each month?

Having already had some ideas for photos, I'm now feeling restricted again, as none of my ideas fit these themes. It's like being given the title for an essay at school, I hated it then, and I'm not very warm to the idea now.

I don't think I'll be taking part if I have to follow a set theme, but I'll enjoy seeing other people's photos.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 15:07:00 »
I must have lost track, when did we decide there was going to be a theme for each month?
Having already had some ideas for photos, I'm now feeling restricted again, as none of my ideas fit these themes. It's like being given the title for an essay at school, I hated it then, and I'm not very warm to the idea now.
I don't think I'll be taking part if I have to follow a set theme, but I'll enjoy seeing other people's photos.

From what I have followed during the escalation of this subject, there will be a general theme each month to which the photos need to correspond with. For example, the tragedy contribution month will need pictures like my fallen hero or Rasputin's funeral of a king photo stories from what I understand, but I'm trying to picture all of the subjects I've seen addressed, & how I'd be able to contribute to the all of them, if any! It's to be able to categorize the photo's for future reference.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 16:25:55 »
I'm glad to see everything is coming together for this new idea! There is one question I have, & I apologise if it's already been addressed, but is there going to be a praise comment section for each photo or is there going to be a separate praise comment thread for each month?

I think a separate praise comment thread for each month would keep everything tidier.

We could have every other month be 'Free Range' to let us finish up on ideas that came to us in the interim, the idea is to stoke the creative fires not to dampen them, so I for one am willing to be fairly flexible.

Gepetto

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 16:33:36 »
I think a separate praise comment thread for each month would keep everything tidier.

We could have every other month be 'Free Range' to let us finish up on ideas that came to us in the interim, the idea is to stoke the creative fires not to dampen them, so I for one am willing to be fairly flexible.
Gepetto

I think these ideas would be helpful! We can always change something to fine tune it, if somethings not working out the way we had hoped.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 17:22:11 »

Gepetto

This is fine with me as the more I think of trying to capture an emotion the more of a challenge it becomes ( I do like the challenge though )

Martin things in here move fast and some members including myself are looking forward to the Idea (what ever it turns out to be- theme , no theme or mixed). The 1st of the month is approaching fast and we want to get it mostly worked out ahead of time  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 06:55:48 »
Yes, Martin, for sure people can get the impression that providing a theme to follow would restrict somehow in creativity. But the idea was to chose such abstract theme so that enough space is still open for creativity and different contributions but also the months are not exchangebale due to a specific theme they are devoted to.

And just a suggestion: if you already have some ideas about great photo setups which you want to contribute with and that are not covered so far by the already mentioned themes (which in my eyes are first suggestions, anybody might correct me if I'm wrong), just find a (abstract) name for them and make just this as a suggestion for the upcoming months. I assume the themes are not given by a "dictator" but are suggestions by the people of the forum. So everybody should have the possiblity to join in.