General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

Sinterklaas themed figures serie

(1/8) > >>

Eplay:
I am Dutch and I love celebrating Sinterklaas (compare it to celebrating Santa Claus in the US).
Some of the most expensive old playmobil sets in the Netherlands are the Sinterklaas sets.
4893, 5040, 5206…
As December 5th is approaching I have set up a “intocht van Sinterklaas” /arrival of Sinterklaas.

The “Pieten” are really outdated. The last decade there have been some justified changes to the looks of the Pieten. The Pieten now keep their own skintone with black smudges from the chimneys through which they climb to deliver the presents. No more red lips and gold earrings. There is a lot of effort to change the identities of the Pieten to a more socially acceptable Piet.
They also have their jobs/identity: head Piet, horse Piet, jokester Piet, captain Piet, trainee Piet etc.

Here are some pictures of what I have now

Eplay:
So for me it would be wonderful if there would be a new collection of Pieten. There could be a special edition of the figures with 12 different characters.

1. Sinterklaas (obviously)
2. His horse Ozosnel. “O zo snel” translates to oh so fast.
3. Head Piet, with the book of Sinterklaas in which all the names and hobby’s and wishes of the children are written
4. Horse Piet. Female Piet who takes care of the horse
5. Captain Piet/ “Wegwijspiet”
6. Mechanics Piet. (“Piet smeerpoets). Always full of smudges because of fixing the steam boat.
7. Baker Piet. Someone has to make all the cookies/ chocolate letters
8-12. Have to find inspiration. Perhaps a present Piet, or DJ Piet or small children (boy & girl)dressed up as a Piet

Sinterklaas and his horse can be like the previous set 4893.
Here are the drawings of nr 4 Horse Piet and nr 7 Baker Piet
Perhaps it would be nice to include some small parts with the figures. Accessories or toys.

Eplay:
Some companies stay out of the “Pietendiscussie” (Discussion about abolishing the Pieten) by only showing Sinterklaas. But there are also companies in the Netherlands like Hema who embrace the new look of the Pieten.
I think it would be a big hit in the Netherlands if it is branded as a “shoe present” ( like a stocking filler).

GrahamB:
Wonderful ideas, Eplay! Now we have a rather globalised culture, it's even more important to keep alive those customs which developed in certain regions. I think Sinterklaas and formerly-Schwarte Piet have much wider cultural significance than the Netherlands (although they are virtually unknown here just across the North Sea), so new sets based on them should be very well received. It's been suggested before that Geobra would do well to reflect the diversity of global cultures and traditions, but with few exceptions, this has never really been done.

Ismene:
Great idea! I have no cultural reference for the Pieten, aside from what I've read from you all, but I've always wanted them for their bling outfits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version