Author Topic: LGB manual uncoupling rail  (Read 2190 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
LGB manual uncoupling rail
« on: May 26, 2020, 20:10:34 »
Junker Jorge asked about the LGB manual uncoupling rail in the Loch Down railway thread and so I thought I'd separate it out as a thread of its own.

It's item number 1050W and came in a yellow box.  There is no publication date on the single sheet of instructions nor on the underside of the uncoupling mechanism which is screwed onto a standard 30cm track length.  I'll take a photo of the underside tomorrow and post it here.  It clearly predates the electric uncoupling rail.

It is simply operated by pressing down a handle on the side which lifts a curved "ramp" and this drops the couplong hook of the truck going over the "ramp", releasing the previous truck.

Here are some photos.

First an overall view and then detail views.

In the last photo, the train is moving left to right.

I'll post a photo of the underside  of the track and the instructions tomorrow.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 20:31:55 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: LGB manual uncoupling rail
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:08:17 »
Very interesting - and for me, a complete novelty :-[ 

I read about it on your other thread, and figured it was something of the sort - I know nothing of trains...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 09:54:43 »

I read about it on your other thread, and figured it was something of the sort - I know nothing of trains...

...but you are falling under their spell.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 12:35:11 »
...but you are falling under their spell.

:0

No, I cannot.
(my wallet is giving me THE look.)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 13:13:45 »
:0

No, I cannot.
(my wallet is giving me THE look.)

It is saying, "No wallet is fulfilled without a train".

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 20:24:32 »
Just to finish off the detail of the manual uncoupling rail, here are some more photos, first, the underside of the piece and then the instruction leaflet.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 10:07:44 »
Danke, Cheers, playmofire,

that's pure ancient! I just checked as I'd never seen that one before. But taking the package shown with that item, it must be out of LGBs childhooddays!

Das Ding ist ja eine Antiqutität! Ich kannte das noch nicht, hab aber mal im Netz gesucht. Den Schachteln nach zu urteilen stammt das noch aus den Anfangszeiten von LGB. Irre!

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)