Author Topic: Do you need a complete list of all Playmobil sets?  (Read 19671 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Do you need a complete list of all Playmobil sets?
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 07:40:25 »
 :o  :o  :o

Amazing!

Thanks a ton  8-)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 01:25:35 »
Graham, you're being phenomenal again. What a treasure!

Here's some info that looks like it'd be helpful, from a preliminary read-through:

There are official PDFs available for direct download, that don't come up when you search for them in the Building Instructions dialog. They are not included in my posted count of PDFs available, because they're not readily identifiable and so the total number of PDFs would be confusing. However, by elimination, here are the sets with stealth PDFs:
PlaymoDB List - PDFs available but not searchable.

I keep track of sets that have no instructions, by assigning them the fake part i0000 (Instructions Do Not Exist). It appears in 679 sets in the DB. Now, some of these are assumptions (e.g. specials, eggs) but a fair number are based on someone telling me or posting a photo of the full contents of a freshly opened set. Here's the link to the fake part, and the longest list of "sets containing this part" ever. http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=i0000

Some error-checking...

The missing PDFs: 3038, 3050 and 3057 have never had any individual instructions of their own, in my knowledge.
3038 - Formula 1 Car is probably equivalent to 3603 - Formula 1 Racing Car (Yellow), which does have an official PDF.
3050 - Pirate Ship is probably equivalent to 3550 - Brigantine, which has instructions but not an official PDF.
3057 - U.S. Artillery and 3812 - U.S. Artillery share an instruction sheet, labeled with both numbers although 3057 is denoted as "USA/CDN". No official PDF.

9605, 9607, 9608, 9728  have always been part of the DB. 4930 - Boy with Tractor is a recent addition - you have its theme in PlaymoDB but haven't removed the "not in DB" label.

Now, to add those 158 sets not in the DB and totally mess up Graham's system :) Thanks so much for finding them!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 08:02:32 »
Thanks for that, Heather, very helpful. I will check and update shortly.

Some of those 158 'not in DB' sets are found only in Collector. I am sure that is a reliable source of information, though it would be nice to know on what authority it is based (collective wisdom of collectors would be good enough for me, Geobra archives even better!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 10:23:01 »
The pdf total in the spreadsheet now comes to 2246, the same total as in the PF topic. But this includes three 'broken links': 3252, 5379 and 5671 all give the result '1 building instruction(s) found' but no PDF. In any case, 5671 does not exist as a set (not yet anyway). I changed the entries for sets with stealth PDFs to 'exist'. I am hoping all the sets where plans are known to exist will eventually appear as PDFs online.

9605, 9607, 9608, 9728 were double- entered, now removed. Duplicate set numbers now stands at 287.

4930 corrected. It's now 159 sets not in the DB (I found another error). I look forward to new additions to the DB, Heather! I have a system for checking additions (using sets-per-theme totals) but I will hang on a bit to do this.

All sets Version 3 here
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2016, 15:14:57 »
Another tour de force, Graham!   :hatoff: 
Thank you for sharing your work with all of us!   :*)

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 16:28:39 »

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 23:36:42 »
 It's now 159 sets not in the DB (I found another error). I look forward to new additions to the DB, Heather!

New sets added!

PlaymoDB List - New Sets Added via GrahamB

I'm dubious about the sets with nothing but a number (and a re-used one at that), and a year, but put them in anyway. Next: pictures needed. None of these have pictures, and there's another hundred or so besides. I don't want to take them from the Collector or Klickypedia, but any source with permission, or directly from a Playmobil source, is fine with me.

I have a system for checking additions (using sets-per-theme totals)

How about I make that a bit easier? PlaymoDB Theme Summary

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 08:37:35 »
Great work Heather! The DB is now just 4 sets short of the 5000 mark! That list of total sets per theme will be VERY useful, thank you.

There are box pictures of just 5 of those newly added sets in Datenbank-Setinhalt at Klickywelt. Some of the other older sets with missing pictures (do you have a list, Heather?) might be in there too. I am happy to ask the Klickywelt members who contributed box pictures if they will share them with PlaymoDB. I think the resolution of pictures on Klickywelt would be good enough so the owners would not even have to send you an image.

I could also ask ebay sellers for permission to use their pictures if any of the sets show up there (payback for sellers linking to DB images in the past?).

Failing that, an appeal for box pictures on here and on Klickywelt (and other forums) might yield results.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 16:50:15 »
If you could coordinate an appeal for photos, Graham, that'd be fantastic. I'll make a list. I did find a catalogue of those 31xx Kindergarten sets and added those photos; I also put in the direct links to the Datenbank-Setinhalt for the new sets that appear there. we'll chip away at it.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 17:43:17 »
OK, I will do that once I have the list.

I have updated my spreadsheet and added all the 'sets formerly known as "not in DB"' (there are none now) as well as 9015 and 9124.

Version 4 here

Total 4996 sets in PlaymoDB,
       4970 'occupied' rows in the spreadsheet (the difference is due to the fact that I have not given a separate row to each version of a set- except in two cases- whereas the DB has 26 more set-versions each with their own entry).

1337 unused numbers, 287 numbers used more than once (someone should have planned ahead!)