Author Topic: HOW SHOULD WE "BRAINSTORM" - a suggestion  (Read 4750 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: HOW SHOULD WE "BRAINSTORM" - a suggestion
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 17:09:20 »
:wave: hello tiermann,
the format i showed was just intended as an example - the structure, not its contents.
the idea is to brainstorm each "topic" before a "final" mini-document could be produced.
only then i was suggesting that a poll could be run (some of us might not want to post any words in the "topic" thread but can use the poll to silently oppose or aprove what was developed there).
i am sorry if this didn't came clear in myy initial explanation.
 :) this way i think we can really "brainstorm".
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 17:31:43 »

Cachalote , propably not my job to comment on your post about laziness but you are way out of line here buddy  me reckons :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: . I think its commendable you have all this zeal and energy about playmobil BUT remember there is an ongoing process and communication with playmobil and there are elected members who travel and are in contact with playmobil and really now we have to wait what they come up with as a corporation.

Reference to this braistorming , your proposed procedure is not braistorming by the way but i can undertsand what you are trying to say/ achieve, i think its a very  good layoput for presenting an idea for further discussion more like a proposed project charter if you ask me (  these things are part of my  daily job ) BUT i cant see the direct benefits of doing all this work and discussions right now, i think it would be innapropriate as we have an on going process and to throw such things to the members playmobil right now i think could jeoprdize this whole project. it would be probsbly too many ideas and confusing, remember big corporations facing raw material prices increases and tough competition and need to change their product line every 1-2 years are probably a tough place to work and the directors / managers already have the task  to talk to our elected members and create a collectors club which i am sure will take time and cost for them . Now thats the important milestone. After that is done, set and running and we are part of it after a few months we can discuss potential improvements. We need to see what playmobil comes up with and then let it run for a while and then see how it can be improved and i asure there will be good ideas. BUt to do this now with a format as you propose i dont see the benefit right now and matey i think the approach you follow in prososing these things  is a bit too  judgmental of others who have worked for this project and you will be putting people off considering seriously your ideas and suggestions etc etc i think its better to have a  bit more collaborative approach and take into account we have a elected board dealing with these . I hope you take my commnetary as constructive i think your zeal is commendable as i said earlier but  too kuch zeal sometime can destroy rather thna create and keep in mind there are people working on all this , think ratehr that write lots of project charters / discussions etc now , we should  let the job ( colectors club ) be done first and then we can see how it can be improved . Just my thoughts on the subject .
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 14:27:08 »
Whatever we call it, "brainstorming," "proposed charter project," or whatever, there is no harm in collecting ideas and discussing them.  If anyone from Playmobil even reads what goes on here at Playmofriends (I hope someone does, but who knows?) these are just ideas, thoughts, wishes, desires, etc.  I acknowledge the potential for harm to the collectors club if we were bombarding them with these ideas, but we are not.  This is an area for discussion among the members of the fan community so all topics about Playmobil should be encouraged. 

As to cachalote's proposed structure, personally I like it, but I think that trying to enforce something like that in a loosely organized online community is hopeless.  We can end up spending more time working out the structure and keeping people in line with it than we actually spend on generating ideas. 

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 16:06:42 »
As to cachalote's proposed structure, personally I like it, but I think that trying to enforce something like that in a loosely organized online community is hopeless.  We can end up spending more time working out the structure and keeping people in line with it than we actually spend on generating ideas. 

Exactly. Very well said. If anyone wants to follow this structure, they can feel free to do so, but I don't think it should be a requirement. IMO.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 18:22:28 »
:wave: dear giorginetto,
i am not in any way forcing you (or any other member) to feel this is the time or the place to talk about our past or future ideas that we can offer playmobil.
i have a different oppinion - i think that those of us who feel like it could start to "prepare" these ideas to be presented to geobra.
how and when is not a key issue now.
if the elected members of the ex-pilot group want to take the trouble to send them via their contacts to geobra - that would be fine.
they have done a great job so far (i've said it and thanked them more than once) and i can't see why this section or this thread can be considered "judgemental".
if "we" (all the ones that want to be a part of this) decide that we can send these ideas in the future i think we should feel free to do so.
i could do it alone in a very simple way - by sending an e.mail to geobra.
but i would rather do it together with other playmo-fans (like it was done with the 4-way steck connector).
i guess none of us is really interested in taking credit for each individual idea - i know i am not.
the way i see it all that matters is that geobra can profit from these ideas.
if they want to use them it will also be our profit.

how and when can we build this is not that important now - there's no big hurry.
what is important is that all these wonderful ideas don't get lost and be offered to geobra.
if they want to consider them that's fine.
if they don't, that's fine too.
    honni soit qui mal y pense