Author Topic: 70535 - Shopping Mall  (Read 2096 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
70535 - Shopping Mall
« on: April 26, 2021, 16:48:14 »
Hey folks - look what I found in a speculative scrape of instructions for set-numbers that I didn't yet have assigned. Absolutely no other information, just the contents. Part pics and names underway, but all the part numbers are there.

70535 - Shopping Mall
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 70535 - Shopping Mall
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 16:56:52 »
Wow! A great find! An an almost complete inventory for a set which is as yet unknown! Great work, Heather!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 17:11:06 »
Now that (most) instructions PDFs have part numbers in a format that can be copied out - you can try it yourself, just select text and "Copy" in your PDF reader - it has saved me a TON of labour. Mind you, that's why my inventory includes parts with nothing but a number... it was copied from the PDF and doesn't have a picture or name scrapeable from the official website, yet. That's got to be done by hand.

They're re-issuing a large number of PDFs, in this format, I think partly because they have to have the "UK CA" fine-print on them now. I've got a scheme underway to notate what parts come from which instructions, since some of these show updated parts. (Some have an updated part number for the plans themselves, some don't, just a change of date. FUN!)
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 17:55:57 »
An interesting update to the grocery store.  Great to hear some aspects are getting a little easier for you.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 19:12:56 »
Great find :)

Some really nice stuff - I mean, the whole set it really nice (except the stickers instead of stuff and a door?) - but I can't start to get those stores... No room for it.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 02:19:52 »
Thanks for sharing!

I'm not super-keen on these shop sets (the actual 'building'), but it has some cute parts - I love those brown paper bags, and I think the overall colour scheme is lovely.

It's kind of annoying, because I like everything about it apart from the building, but that's the bulk of the set  :lol:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 08:31:02 »
I'm not super-keen on these shop sets (the actual 'building'), but it has some cute parts - I love those brown paper bags, and I think the overall colour scheme is lovely.

It's kind of annoying, because I like everything about it apart from the building, but that's the bulk of the set  :lol:

That's exactly how I feel too...

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 10:40:36 »
Thanks for sharing!

I agree  - the items are nice; but I really do not like the 'buildings' :(
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 15:46:25 »
And I'm assuming that - due to wonders of modern Playmobil - the buildings are incompatible with everything else i.e. they're not System-X?

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 15:07:08 »
Really not a fan of these buildings as an adult collector but I can see why they’re easy for kids who seem to have zero attention span these days; they’ll be much quicker to build than system X so will fulfil the instant gratification that toys seem to need to have now.

I won’t be buying it.....but I will probably order the male figure behind the cake counter as he seems to have interesting hair.
I wish I lived in Germany!