Author Topic: What Animals Would You Like to See?  (Read 28714 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: What Animals Would You Like to See?
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 13:56:36 »
What a great topic!  I love the all Playmobil animals and am very likely to buy any new animal that is offered, whether I need it or not.   :-[

So far, my favorite suggestion is bats!  I love bats!  I mean, I really love bats, even real ones.   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 15:05:16 »
German Shepherd examples:

I agree about bats, they would be great to have for Halloween too. After all L#%@ has had bats for years...

I like antelope too - Kudu would be nice

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 15:07:40 »
I think that Playmobil has done lots of great animals, but there's  one that I'd like to see added, and that's the platypus   :yup:. It would make a great set with an Australian Outback/platypus enthusiast with a camera and a platypus shirt. The platypus could have a opening beak, and a flipper that could bend using the technology from the bendable snake in 4843, http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=4843&cgid=Schatzjaeger. It could be packaged as a Special or as part of an outback series.
Ace :brownhair:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 19:17:45 by Ace »

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 15:13:11 »
I think that Playmobil has done lots of great animals, but there's  one that I'd like to see added, and that's the platypus   :yup:. It would make a great set with an Australian Outback/platypus enthusiast with a camera and a platypus shirt. The platypus could have a opening beak, and a flipper that could bend using the technology from the bendable snake in 4843. It could be packaged as a Special or as part of an outback series.
Ace :brownhair:

wow... you really have thought this through! That's a great contribution.... but what is a platypus?  :eh?:  :P
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 15:26:10 »
Hi tonguello :wave:
A platapus is a aquatic mammal that has a beak  and flippers like a duck and a body with fur. Strangely, it lays eggs instead of giving birth to live young. It's not a very common or well known animal, which is probably why Playmobil hasn't made one yet. 
Ace  :brownhair:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 18:56:49 by Ace »

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 15:28:46 »
Hi tonguello :wave:
A platapus is a aquatic mammal that has a beak  and flippers like a duck and a body with fur. Strangely, it lays eggs instead of giving birth to live young. It's not a very common or well known animal, which is probably why Playmobil hasn't made one yet.

oooooh! ok thanks, I know that animal now but here it is called Ornitorrinco, I didn't know the name in english.  ;)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 15:56:40 »
Wow, ace, you really know your stuff! One thing about the platypus, though, it's illegal to export one from australia, so you'll never get to see one in a zoo outside australia. :(
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 16:11:11 »
oooooh! ok thanks, I know that animal now but here it is called Ornitorrinco, I didn't know the name in english.  ;)

i didn't either! ;D but i think this is a great idea too :D

Wow, ace, you really know your stuff! One thing about the platypus, though, it's illegal to export one from australia, so you'll never get to see one in a zoo outside australia. :(

interesting!

you learn something new every day :o
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 16:16:55 »
Ace this is a very creative and constructive idea!!!  :)9

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 22:38:18 »
The platypus is a nice idea but they are pretty small to be doing moving parts on.

Also like most things from Australia they are venomous, the males have poisoned spurs on their hind legs.