Author Topic: notification lag  (Read 4216 times)

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
notification lag
« on: November 30, 2005, 18:00:39 »
Hello,

I've noticed that the email notifications of new replies are a bit slow lately. Sometimes there is a multiple hour lag. When they eventually come up, there is a lot of replies at the same time, as if there was a build-up that was suddenly released...
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: notification lag
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 18:22:42 »
Could this be something to do with your own ISP or e-mail provider?

Currently, the notifications I'm getting from PlaymoFriends come down almost immediately after someone has posted in a topic I'm subscribed to, so I don't think it has anything to do with the mail server at Dreamhost.

I had this problem occasionally when I was registered at another forum and it usually came right by itself eventually. I had an even worse situation where the notifications stopped coming altogether - nothing I altered in my settings would fix it, so I eventually decided to change the e-mail account I had registered... and that solved the problem. I deduced from this that my previous ISP had been blocking the messages, though I have no idea why. :eh?:

I hope it comes right for you soon, as I know how annoying it can be. :(

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: notification lag
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 21:10:26 »
Hmmm.
Hope I haven't gone and jinxed myself. :hmm:
Now my notifications are slowing down too. They're coming about 10-20 mins late at the moment. :-[

Anyone else experiencing this? ???