Author Topic: Difficulty seeing pics inserted with the image tag  (Read 8913 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Difficulty seeing pics inserted with the image tag
« on: September 15, 2006, 15:23:31 »
Once again, no pic for me to see.  Can anyone help?  Is it Firefox that's the problem or ZoneAlarm?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 15:24:54 »
Now the pic Jochen has posted I can see and it's a great custom.  It's Customizer's pics that are the problem.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 15:29:28 »
Now the pic Jochen has posted I can see and it's a great custom.  It's Customizer's pics that are the problem.

Hm, he uses the inline img-tag; I just attached my photo directly into the thread. Maybe there is the difference. (Do you have some kind of blocker activated?)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 15:39:13 »
Hm, he uses the inline img-tag; I just attached my photo directly into the thread. Maybe there is the difference. (Do you have some kind of blocker activated?)

It may be something to do with my firewall.  Certainly, it allows links through.  I'll query on img-tag in the help option.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 15:50:21 »
Well, the help text didn't help and allowing all cookies and all types of pop-ups made no difference either, nor did allowing mobile code.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Difficulty seeing pics inserted with the image tag
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 16:02:26 »
Hi Gordon :)

I'm using Firefox and I can see the pics Andi has inserted, so I don't think it's a browser-specific problem.

I will do a search of the SMF community forum and see if there are any clues as to what else could be causing it.

Btw, I split these posts and moved them in here so we can try and work out the problem without interrupting the other topic. ;)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 16:32:26 »
Hm, I'm using Mozilla and have no problems; also within Internet Explorer. It's strange, because the other way round I would understand more, i.e. not seeing my attached photo but the one directly linked via img-tag (so this would mean loss of session), but this way round is quite strange.

Is there a place holder (or space) where the picture should appear? Can you see the picture at the original page where it is taken from (i.e. the playmo-forum)?

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 16:49:12 »
Can you see the picture at the original page where it is taken from (i.e. the playmo-forum)?

I have a feeling that Gordon can't even reach that Portal page since the image itself is acting as the hyperlink.

I wonder if he can see images which aren't linked. Maybe we should test it in case it helps narrow down the cause of the problem?

Can you see the pic below, Gordon?

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 16:49:42 »
And we should probably test an image hosted on a different site.
Do you see this one?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 18:12:18 »
I have a feeling that Gordon can't even reach that Portal page since the image itself is acting as the hyperlink.

I wonder if he can see images which aren't linked. Maybe we should test it in case it helps narrow down the cause of the problem?

Can you see the pic below, Gordon?

Just catching up with you, sylvia.  Yes, I can see it.