Author Topic: NEW Trailer For Transporting Extremly Heavy Loads  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
NEW Trailer For Transporting Extremly Heavy Loads
« on: November 19, 2005, 19:10:00 »
Hello  All

Here is my next installment on the 'Transport International' theme. This is a completely NEW project and has never been seen on forums before. It takes the form of a special trailer used for transporting very heavy loads such as high voltage transformers usually exceding 100 ton's in weight. To help spread the load there is a pair of 6 wheel 'bogie's' at each end of the 'well' wagon, so called because of its shape. To further help spread the load the 'well' wagon itself has an extra pair of axle's and a total of 8 wheel's. Due to the weight of the loads this trailer transports two trucks are needed to move it, one pushing and the other pulling.
It has certainly been a very long time in the making and caused its fair share of problems :) but i am quite happy with the final result.

Regards  Tim
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 19:26:13 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: NEW Trailer For Transporting Extreemly Heavy Loads
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 19:18:21 »
Here are pictures of one of the 'bogies' and the 'well' wagon, the main components which go together to make the whole vehicle. The big hole in the centre of the bogie is where the coupling fits. The trailer itself has been made as a modular unit so all the main components can be seperated and used in different combinations with future projects.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: NEW Trailer For Transporting Extreemly Heavy Loads
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 19:25:53 »
Finally here is a picture showing the extra axles and how they fit underneath the wagon. This proved quite difficult to make because i had to disect an old dustbin lorry chassis so i could fit the wheels to the trailer.
The last picture shows where my inspiration came from, thank you to 'Freddo' for sending me the picture that started the whole project off.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
Re: NEW Trailer For Transporting Extremly Heavy Loads
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 19:36:29 »
Amazing!! Great!!  :D I guess I need a truck like that if I ever move my whole playmocollection   :) I'll give you a call then  :P

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 19:37:13 »
 :o Stunning, Amazing...um, and a lot of other "WOW" words!

I was lucky to see a bit of this "in process" but am still blown away by the finished masterpiece!

Take a bow Tim!  :**: :)9
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 21:29:41 »
Well, Tim, you leave me absolutely speechless!  I've watched this idea develop and each time I've thought, "He can't better that" and you have!

And I know you have another surprise up your sleeve - that rig wasn't built just to transport two plastic palnt pots!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 21:51:55 »
Hello  Kristian, Diana, Gordon  :wave:

Thank you very much indeed for the kind feedback, its very much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed looking at the pictures.
That new project of mine is going to be bigger than i though Gordon, it looks like i will need to make another new trailer to transport it !!! I thought you might like the plant pots as a stop gap :lol: :lol:

Regards  Tim :) 

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 00:08:06 »
That new project of mine is going to be bigger than i though Gordon, it looks like i will need to make another new trailer to transport it !!! I thought you might like the plant pots as a stop gap :lol: :lol:

Ah...now I'm really curious Tim.  ??? You didn't tell me this part did you? Oh my...can I help?  ;D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 10:08:50 »
Cool custom,  8-)

A great trailer for carrying heavy plant (pots) around.

I actually have to work on such trailers like that and most have steering rear axles, maybe that could be another challenge for you oneday.

If this link works you will be able to see some of the vehicles that I have worked on in the past.

http://www.somerscales.co.uk/

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 10:42:14 »
Cool custom,  8-)

I actually have to work on such trailers like that and most have steering rear axles, maybe that could be another challenge for you oneday.

Knowing how Tim rises to a challenge and how fast he can work, "one day" will be today! :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”