Author Topic: Fixed wrist klickies 1974 to 1982- how many were there?  (Read 6027 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Fixed wrist klickies 1974 to 1982- how many were there?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 20:32:21 »
I have double-checked and found no klicky with that colour combination in either German or Playpeople sets (as far as I could tell, mostly from small pictures of the set boxes!). The nearest is blue torso, red arms, red legs in 19 PM sets and 6 Playpeople sets (hair colour varies). So I think someone has assembled your klicky from parts of other klickies (i.e. its a 'custom' or 'recombinant'). Such creations show up from time to time, though less often than you might expect. I don't think many children who own PM pull klickies apart and reassemble them in new combos. Collectors like tahra, customizer, cheng and many others do this all the time and I'm sure there are a few children like that one in ToyStory1 who dismembers his toys for fun...

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 21:40:46 »
I have double-checked and found no klicky with that colour combination in either German or Playpeople sets (as far as I could tell, mostly from small pictures of the set boxes!). The nearest is blue torso, red arms, red legs in 19 PM sets and 6 Playpeople sets (hair colour varies). So I think someone has assembled your klicky from parts of other klickies (i.e. its a 'custom' or 'recombinant'). Such creations show up from time to time, though less often than you might expect. I don't think many children who own PM pull klickies apart and reassemble them in new combos. Collectors like tahra, customizer, cheng and many others do this all the time and I'm sure there are a few children like that one in ToyStory1 who dismembers his toys for fun...

Thanks.  I figured that must be the case if you hadn't run across one like that in all your research. 

The blue of his torso & legs looks the same, but am I right in thinking that there seems like there is less variance in the classic blue over different years & productions than there is in some of the other colours? (I can see subtle differences in some of the colour in red & yellow fixed wrist klickys I have) + it seems like there were plenty of all blue guys made, so he could have had his arms replaced with red ones, OR legs with red.

I think he's feeling quite special now & is going by the name of "The Impossible Man" (at least impossible without being a Frankenklicky), I might need to get him a special cape. :lol:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2020, 08:48:35 »
 :lol:

I notice that sometimes blue legs have faded more than blue torsos, but all parts fade or discolour with age.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)