Author Topic: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure  (Read 28399 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 19:31:01 »
The klicky on the right with the short sleeves immediately reminded me of Alan Breck Stuart from Robert Louis Stevenson's "Kidnapped".  Certainly a gentleman adventurer rather than a soldier.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 21:24:02 »
LOVE the hair on the klickys. LOVE the blue-footed booby!!!! :love: :love: :love: Can't WAIT to get one! And the fortress itself is cool, too. Don't know if anyone else answered it yet, but yeah, the coins are used to unlock various things on the big island.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 21:55:06 »
thanks for the review!

i agree the set looks a bit rounded instead of more realistic like the harbour/prison set.
I like the new officer and bookeeper, but I prefer the older redcoats better with real white straps and brass.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 23:46:06 »
:love: i love all the fortresses geobra has ever done and this one is no exception.
 :'( i would prefer a system-x buiding of course, instead of this semi-weird-steck-quick-to-assemble system.
 ;) maybe geobra will see sir pleamo's thread - http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=8904.0 - and be convinced (a lot of us already look at system-x with a new benevolence).
 :) thanks for the review wolf knight.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 04:09:44 »
I got it for 35.98 from ebay germany, but the price might be higher in the Greek market, when the set comes here next year.

hmm... not bad , but in case you only want the figures that's a problem  ::) 

i wonder what that gold thing on the door is? they have keys like the egypt theme?  ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 06:47:21 »
Great review Sir Wolf, the structure looks nice IMO (even if not realistic) but I don't really see a use for it in medieval or a Zoo :-)

The booby is of course beautiful and the klickies are just more red coats that I would not have a clue what to do with. I like the rapier though.

That does make sense. Though it changes nothing on our end... :(  I find it hard to believe that in the END it turns out cheaper.. but I'm probably wrong. If it's packed manually, that might be more expensive than the materials, transport, packaging, storing, etc..

We had the same question about manual packing tahra, however the reasoning for it is that they work on so many different sets, that the machine for that would be very intrecate with the associated costs. Then the way they produce means that they do many different boxes in a day and reprogramming the computer  would waste a lot of time. In the end using manual labor is cheaper for them then using a machine for it.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 07:37:41 »
We had the same question about manual packing tahra, however the reasoning for it is that they work on so many different sets, that the machine for that would be very intrecate with the associated costs. Then the way they produce means that they do many different boxes in a day and reprogramming the computer  would waste a lot of time. In the end using manual labor is cheaper for them then using a machine for it.

Ah, right... But it must be a big slice of the total cost, I suppose.

I forgot to ask... Do those gorgeous doors fit in the assembly system walls? I'm guessing not, but... I really like them.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 07:38:09 »
Thought I'd give you a few more pics in a ''while playing''... You'll see that there is not much space to manouvre on the fort  :-\ not many otpions on the scenes you can build... its either one or the other...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 07:40:03 »

I forgot to ask... Do those gorgeous doors fit in the assembly system walls? I'm guessing not, but... I really like them.

Sorry, I dont understand you question tahra  :-\ ... which assembly system do you refer to?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 07:43:11 »
Sorry, I dont understand you question tahra  :-\ ... which assembly system do you refer to?

Steck. Regular castles.. (I knew it as assembly system, have no idea where from  ??? )