Author Topic: Does anyone have Playmobil price lists?  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Does anyone have Playmobil price lists?
« on: April 18, 2019, 13:25:16 »
I've been working on a few things for Heather and an interesting data possibility has come up.  Over the many years that I received catalogs by mail from Playmobil USA, they have included an "Order Form and Price List" booklet which gives all the prices as well as information such as "new" or "while supplies last."  They stopped sending the booklet after 2014 which, if I remember correctly, may coincide with the launch of their new website.  If enough of this type of data can be collected, it could be pretty interesting. 

Does anyone in the US have these booklets from 2000 and 2006 (years that I am currently missing) or booklets from years prior to 1999?  If so, can you share those with me somehow?  You could scan them or mail them to me and I would mail them back to you after scanning - please PM me if you can help with this.

Does anyone outside the US have similar booklets?  It would be REALLY interesting to compare prices across the globe.  :yup: :)

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Does anyone have Playmobil price lists?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 15:42:51 »
Sounds interesting! I have no US catalogues nor price-lists, Indy, but I do have UK catalogues going back to the '90s. The novelties catalogues don't have prices but the DS ones do.

I recorded the prices of all items in the German DS catalogues from 1983 to 2016 (some of which were end-of-line items being sold off 'while stocks last') in (yes, you guessed) a spreadsheet, here. (I need to refresh that Dropbox link in the first post of that topic).
Edit: Link updated
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 16:15:51 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 07:43:17 »
I'm surprised to hear about those price lists in the US.

Catalogues have never had price lists here in Belgium. The catalogues were distributed in toy stores and big supermarkets, which all decided on their own prices for sets, so a fixed price list would have been a problem.

The only fixed prices were in the Direct Service booklets (stapled inside the catalogues), for ordering add-ons through the mail. They stopped distributing those when the web shop came up.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 10:36:20 »
I've been working on a few things for Heather and an interesting data possibility has come up.  Over the many years that I received catalogs by mail from Playmobil USA, they have included an "Order Form and Price List" booklet which gives all the prices as well as information such as "new" or "while supplies last."  They stopped sending the booklet after 2014 which, if I remember correctly, may coincide with the launch of their new website.  If enough of this type of data can be collected, it could be pretty interesting. 

Does anyone in the US have these booklets from 2000 and 2006 (years that I am currently missing) or booklets from years prior to 1999?  If so, can you share those with me somehow?  You could scan them or mail them to me and I would mail them back to you after scanning - please PM me if you can help with this.

Does anyone outside the US have similar booklets?  It would be REALLY interesting to compare prices across the globe.  :yup: :)

I remember them.  I also remember that for a year or so they actually put the price in the catalog description too.  Too bad that I don’t save them
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 09:20:42 »
I remember literally sending cash through the mail with letters ("Please send me set XXXX..."). I wonder if I still have any of the price lists.  ???

ETA: I'm not finding any price lists. I have catalogs and a few add-on pamphlets (those have prices for the add-ons) and a few receipts (weirdly - not sure why I have really old receipts).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 09:55:04 by Ismene »

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 19:58:04 »
Indianna, are you still looking for these?

I've collected some catalogues over the years, and I just looked through them to see if I have what you're looking for. I believe I have these documents (some appear to be the ones you requested):

PRICE LIST & ORDER FORM - 1998
ORDER FORM AND PRICES - 2001
ORDER FORM AND PRICES - 2002
ORDER FORM AND PRICES - 2003
ORDER FORM AND PRICES - 2004
Order Form and Prices - 2006
Order Form and Prices - 2010

Let me know if you're still looking for them! I'm sure I could scan some copies for you. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 20:39:11 »
That's really generous of you Pynedor!  I would love to get copies of what you have - let me check my list to see what I still need and I'll let you know.  Thanks so much for following up on this!   :wave:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 02:26:51 »
Let me know what your still missing, I have A-LOT of catalogs, add-one’s and order forms
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 02:27:30 »
They used to put in the clearance paper as well
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 17:58:24 »
Thank you, also, Rasputin! 

I still have to dig out the project I was working on with those price lists - might not happen until after the holidays.  It all started with an effort to gather info for Heather and Playmodb, and you'd think the pandemic/shutdown would have been a great time to work on such things, but I was mostly in a state of torpor, I'm afraid.  I'm starting to come out of it, though, I think.  ;) :)