Author Topic: Cleaning torsos the Tahra-way  (Read 18155 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Cleaning torsos the Tahra-way
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 12:15:19 »
Nice! tahra's method seems to have worked out great for you. I usually resort to some wet-sanding. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 22:33:36 »
Great stuff just goes to show the advantages of sharing good advice and tips between ourselves and a very cheap easy piece of kit to get hold of as well, will have to try that next time previously I've jsut used a bit of sandpaper with tape over the areas I don't want to erase but, this might well work better  :)   

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 01:14:16 »
I've been using gums too  :)
First time I rubbed so hard the klicky vanished completely ;D ... Joking  ;)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 17:41:36 »
First time I rubbed so hard the klicky vanished completely ;D ... Joking  ;)

:lmao: :lmao:

This time I remembered (barely, but I did!) - pics of the cleaning thing and magic cotton...

The cleaning thing is aimed as a super cleaner, for example after working on a car or something. This is a supermarket brand.

It's like a toothpaste, but more "liquid"...

The other is known, I think. They call it "magic cotton", and it stinks.

I usually give the cleaned klickys a good rub with the "super gel" thing (I use a piece of tissue, or kitchen paper, or a paper napkin, or a bit ot toilet paper.. )

I only use the cotton when the klicky is really scratched (happened a couple of times, the worse of them with the Galactica bridge officers - scared the Tartarus out of me, and I didn't have more torsos!).

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 16:11:12 »

I bought some old-school erasers, that have a blue side to them that erases ballpoint pen writing (although that has NEVER worked for me in the past, I always ended up with a hole in the paper from scratching).

But is erased the mistake on your paper didn't it, so it worked, just too well.

We have power erasers for our drafting jobs, I wonder if they would work? They tend to have softer erasers so the holy paper phenomenon is avoided but it may keep the carpel tunell effect down.

The eraser with the blue pen side seems to look like it has a grit melted in?

Nice simple idea that works, those are the best ones.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 14:04:15 »
The eraser with the blue pen side seems to look like it has a grit melted in?

Yup, that's it. The blue part has a more grainy texture:

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 16:07:32 »
Thank you birdie and tahra for this topic.  I used the blue eraser trick for the first time, and it worked great!  This was the first time I've ever permanently changed a part (as I mentioned elsewhere, I'm going to be painting too, but I haven't done that quite yet.)

The funny thing is, when my kids were young (and they were the whole reason I got into Playmo) we never changed *anything* when we played! The kids had no interest in switching hair around or changing weapons/accessories etc, so we just never did it.

(And when the time came that I started switching parts around, the first klicky I tried to take apart was a fat one - shows how little I knew! - which of course broke...)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 14:07:01 »
(And when the time came that I started switching parts around, the first klicky I tried to take apart was a fat one - shows how little I knew! - which of course broke...)

Fat guys pop the same as every other...

Just had that issue with those new heads on speedos... I do have a bunch of them to pop. One of these days I will have to get that done ...

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 18:48:18 »
Fat guys pop the same as every other...

I've read of other people also having problems with the fat ones and the hands up, head turned, smash method.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 18:54:26 »
I've read of other people also having problems with the fat ones and the hands up, head turned, smash method.

Well, it seems to me those methods are really not for fat guys... But they pop the same: My popper (link)

(before the popring in the playmoroom!)