Author Topic: 5107 - Knabstrupper Horse and 5109 - Haflinger Horse  (Read 10579 times)

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
Re: 5107 - Knabstrupper Horse and 5109 - Haflinger Horse
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 00:30:35 »
I am really liking these. I am pleased about the finer details coming out in the playmobil animals but I do agree, the way the white keys show up on the brown horse diminishes the beauty and seems a bit of a clumsy mistake. I think I need to invest in at least one of these - hmm, but which one.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline tenni

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 01:16:09 »
Thanks very much for these pictures and the great review! The Haflinger is on my list, but I now that I see that little "white key" part, I'm wondering if it will bug me (probably not bad enough to skip the set  ;D). The Knabstrupper is a "must buy". Looks great.

I actually really like the stables, except I would prefer if they were all the same colors so they could all be connected to make a nice row. Also, it would be nice if the easily connected to a barn set, or had a section you could order as an add-on to give them a roof and make a proper horse barn.

I agree. I had low expectations for the stables, but I really like them! An add-on type barn to put them all in would be great.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 08:31:33 »
but I do agree, the way the white keys show up on the brown horse diminishes the beauty and seems a bit of a clumsy mistake.

Do notice those white bits WERE NOT in the promo shots or the box.. I made pics of those when I got my first... That was a cheap pub stunt, imo....

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 14:35:12 »
The horse is a nice one and I like the colors a lot.

The Klicky is also nice. I really like the boots with the side straps, I guess those would be some sort of spats

I think the technical term is gaiters.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 14:43:55 »
A nice review, Tim, and I think the reindeer idea will look superb.

The white spot is where the hoof is injected in the moulding process, so it can't be avoided I imagine.

The stalls are aimed at the keen horse collector, I imagine, so what pleases one person upsets another.

I think the "whippy thing" with the Kanbstrupper set is used in training the horse on the rein.  I'm sure I used to see an old friend who bred horses standing in her paddock with the horse on a rein trotting round her in a circle.  In her free hand she had a "whippy thing" and would just hold it out to touch the horses's chest to slow it down.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 15:42:29 »
The white spot is where the hoof is injected in the moulding process, so it can't be avoided I imagine.

Well, they avoided it well enough in promo shots, box..

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 16:03:07 »
Well, they avoided it well enough in promo shots, box..

They could have been hand made ones with maybe the white painted on.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 16:24:45 »
They probably doctored those pictures. A little deceptive.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 16:30:08 »
They probably doctored those pictures. A little deceptive.

That's my point... If they hadn't, we probably would never have found that bit off.. Like this...

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 16:56:17 »
I never noticed those white spots until now ;D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: