Author Topic: Photo album file size  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Photo album file size
« on: February 22, 2006, 14:25:47 »
Hi,

Is there a file size limit on images you want to put into the photo album and also has there been an upload limit set yet.

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Photo album file size
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 14:58:29 »
Hi Garry,

Yes, there are limits set in the Photo Album area, but they are set according to the post count groups (Playmo Pal, Enthusiast, Fanatic, etc) so I'm not sure how this affects individual users in each group.

The maximum disk quota for each member group is currently set at 10,000kb. This is quite a lot, so it should be a very long time until any one group gets close to exceeding the limit. But if you do encounter problems with space, let me know and I will extend the limits.

The individual limit for uploads is also very high in the Photo Album (1024kb), but I think it's set this way to cater for video files which are usually much larger than images.

There are no maximum attachment limits set in the forum itself, only the Photo Album, for anyone who is a little unclear on this. ;)

Btw, the "Member's Gallery" is a new album I created to store pics for the home page's image rotation system, so if you don't want your pics to make it on to the home page, you will need to make a personal album. (Please see the How-To if you need more info. :))

Hope this helps. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 15:01:51 by Sylvia »

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Re: Photo album file size
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 18:01:09 »
Thanks Sylvia.

I might have a go at creating my own albumn, it's not somwthing I've done before.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.