Author Topic: Did anybody notice?  (Read 6576 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Did anybody notice?
« on: January 01, 2006, 17:43:25 »
Hm, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this here ???, but I didn't find another suitable category, so I associated it with "catalogue" "collector" and with this decided for this place ...

Did anybody noticed that on the Playmobil dioramas shown in the catalogues and the small flyers from the boxes the figures shown are always looking at the spectator or at least the faces are shown from the side (with a slight tendency to the front)?

Ok, for the photos on the boxes this seems to be clear (presenting the content), but every figure in the dioramas?

I noticed this just by today, looking thoughtless on a flyer lying around on my table (cf. below).  I was wondering about the DHL postman with the trolley and the bakery delivery man also with the trolley, which are obviously shown from behind but are turning their heads, so that the spectator can see their faces. - Maybe it tracked my attention because both has been doing so in the same diorama at the same time, which looks to me a little but "unnatural". Even the lady on the far back left in front the Bankomat is looking back.
Then I had a look on different flyers and catalgue pages and didn't find any figure shown just from the back (without seeing its face).

Quite interesting. If there is an instruction how clickies have to be positioned on diorama photos?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 17:20:55 by Little Jo »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Did anybody noticed?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 19:16:48 »
That's interesting - I had never noticed it. Now I will have to go back through mine to see if that's been the case for a long time. I would guess so.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 19:56:29 by Tiermann »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 19:32:31 »
But it makes sense - the klickies are making eye contact with the reader of the catalogue or flyer, inviting them in, as it were.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 20:04:58 »
But it makes sense - the klickies are making eye contact with the reader of the catalogue or flyer, inviting them in, as it were.

;D Yes, that makes sense. Especially on the boxes. But every klicky doing so within the dioramas?!? There seem to be a lot of invitations  :)

Does anybody know a Playmobil catalogue/flyer diorama, where a klicky is only facing with its back to the spectator?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 00:34:03 »

Here's one from and old catalogue (side view) ... But, it is true that very few photos ever show the side or back of a klicky's head. As you can see in this "side view," the Klicky pirate isn't as handsome from the side. Could it be because he's missing his proboscis?

All the best and thanks for getting us thinking, Jochen ...
:eh?:

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 06:16:45 »
Found it on page 49, 55, 69, 75 and 81 of the collector
But that are all older catalogues, i'll take a look on some of the old flyers i have.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 06:25:56 by arab warrior »

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 12:28:02 »

OK  ... Here's a photo from the 1991 Catalogue which shows the backs of Klickys. But, it doesn't seem like Zirndorf wants to show the backs of Klickys much anymore, Jochen ... ???

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 13:53:42 »
Even the Redcoat hanging in the ropes is seen from the front while shooting his gun.
Looks almost impossible to me.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 16:06:08 »
Hello, Jochen ...

I think that I might have figured it out! ... :eh?:

Our little Klicky friends may be very keen on foto opportunities ... 8-)

Even if it means hanging almost impossibly from the rigging of a Playmobil ship as Arab Warrior so perspicaciously pointed out ...    ;D

All the best,
Richard

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 16:25:21 »
In the catalogues from the eighties are several sceneries with klickys from the backside, like this one (the klickys are quite small but it is noticeable):
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!