Author Topic: Happy Friday  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Happy Friday
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:16:28 »
Well I responded to a local add for some free playmobil. I contacted the person a few times and finally got a hold of his # and went to pick up the items today . It was in a town about 40 miles away so i decided to look up a few dealers in the area .

My first stop was the free loot . It was all in a big box and dirty but the boys and i put it together and the wife washed the necessary parts .
MAGICAL ISN'T IT

Then off to the shops . My first stop was a store named Mr. Mopps 1405 Martin Luther King W 94709 Berkeley , CA Phone No: (510) 525 9633. They had a decent pile for our area and the prices were what i would have expected ( about 10%-15% over list ) but i was hoping to find something special and old . I came across a light pink box and knew it was on oldie - 5313 nursery $11 . Then i looked some more and then on the floor under some new stuff i saw a 5300 House . The box was perfect but they wanted $199.99 . I had never seen one in a store so i picked it up to look at it and then i saw the other sticker . Clearance $99.99, now i was interested. After a long while thinking it over 1/10th of a second i took the house and nursery .

Off to the next stop - Sweet Dreams 2921 College Avenue 94705 Berkeley , CA Phone No: (510) 548 1050 . Nice little store with about the same amount of boxes . nothing special except an open car RC unit for less so i picked it up . Prices on the other things were 20% higher and there were a lot of people buying them . Makes me want to check the thrift shops the next time i am there .

Over all an unexpected day with some treasures . The shops were neat to see but prices were high . Moderators - If this needs to be moved have at it .

here is the non Magical pic. It is missing a few parts , railing, flower pots, chandelier, but still i was shocked at how much was there. Thank you santa  :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Happy Friday
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:36:42 »
Happy Friday indeed! :D  Congratulations on your new acquisitions, it is a good thing you have room to grow out there.

Gepetto