Author Topic: Servus from Bavaria!  (Read 1773 times)

Offline dom1

• Playmo Pal
Servus from Bavaria!
« on: December 07, 2021, 14:27:21 »
hi @ all,

I´m the new one here. My name is Dominik and I comes from Bavaria in Germany.

At first, sorry for my bad englisch - but I miss / have not the practise to improve it... All what I can use is my learned school english ...

I´m here while im looking for old Playmobil catalogs which appeared in the 90´s > these were my years, where I played with playmobil.

Now - my son is 6 years old - and he got all my "old" playmobil. So I´m looking for the old catalogs, because the dioramas in it, were so much more beautiful as in the new catalogs. And I have found a thread on google in this forum.

So now - I´m here  :)

Best regards,
Dominik

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Servus from Bavaria!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 15:43:22 »
Welcome from the UK  :wave:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 16:06:13 »
Another welcome from the UK, Dominik!

Das Deutsch, das ich in der Schule gelernt habe, ist auch eingerostet, aber dein Englisch ist gut! (It is not cheating to use Google Translate, I do!)

I have most of the early UK playmobil catalogues, some as old as the late 1970s. Most of my German catalogues are from 2000 on. I can send you scans if you wish. Is there a specific theme or themes in which you are most interested?

Look forward to seeing you on this forum!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 16:07:53 »
Welcome from California

Yes , the older catalogs had beautiful dioramas that were quite artistically made.

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 16:25:52 »
Hi Dominik,

welcome from the Netherlands.
And don't worry about your English - trust me, it's better as my German  ;).

Enjoy your stay here!!

All the best,

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 16:52:50 »
Welcome from Portugal!

I agree - do not worry about your english :)  And it's a good opportunity to practice!

(also better than my german - been learning for years, but.. lack of practice does not help, and since it takes me a LONG time to actually understand something - or try to - I generally just cheat with google translate :-[ )

Offline dom1

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 20:47:54 »
Hello All!

Thank your very much for this friendly welcome greetings!  :wave:

@ GrahamB
Thanks for your offer. I think the prints round about 1990 is enough at the moment. Some first pages i recognize from the past. Unfortunately i didn´t keep any catalog as a child... So, when is possible to get some PDF files, I can show it to my son, "Dads catalogs", with the sets which he got and plays now with. (< here you can see me bad english   :lol: ;)

best regards,
Dominik

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021, 21:54:20 »
Welcome! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 01:50:41 »
Hello and thank you for joining our band. Like you I'm also consigned to the bottom end of Germany, so can feel your pain. It's the Playmobil that helps me through the days. Pfiat di, machs guat!

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 14:00:25 »
Welcome from Italy!  :wave: