Author Topic: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!  (Read 28179 times)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2021, 11:07:10 »
I remember the shell of the lamp post was re released some years ago and I bought a few. They were't much good without the working light-bulb  :(.  We didn't get the re release of the advertising pillar here in the UK. I remember looking at it longingly on Playmobil.de !!

With the DS lamps an LED was a perfect fit and this could then be connected to a battery.

Here's my review and a discussion on LEDS with some links at the time to eBay:

https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=15865.msg286381#msg286381
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2021, 20:43:06 »
PICTURE ALERT!!!

Playmobil released some extra picture of the Victorian sets, yet an extra indication they will be released very soon! Here you go (click to enlarge):

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2021, 02:43:05 »
Thanks for the new old looking pictures, can’t wait for a few years of uninhibited Victorian additions to our collection

As to the need in the states to rubberize darn parts

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2021, 06:13:26 »
Is the 4th photo of the smaller house flipped? I don't think there's an option to have the stairs on the right (because of the floor pieces).

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2021, 10:47:50 »
Is the 4th photo of the smaller house flipped? I don't think there's an option to have the stairs on the right (because of the floor pieces).

I linked them directly from the Playmobil website, I assume they flipped the picture :)
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2021, 17:35:03 »
A picture of the physical French Plus catalogue appeared on Amclicks. This confirms that the sets for sure will be released in January, but I guess they will release the Victorian sets already in December since the pictures are already online on their website and these are perfect Christmas gifts of course!

Some prices are there as well, but I guess we all expected those prices ;)

On the other hand, a bit disappointed that the give away set will be the same as this year :(

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2021, 17:44:41 »
Some prices are there as well, but I guess we all expected those prices ;)

I don't think it's too bad - still cheaper than they were originally, once you take into account inflation

Offline Lozza5

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2021, 17:58:36 »
Hi, The mansion was £100 in the UK in 1992.  I got it on offer for about £67.  I still remember how happy I was to get such a bargain! My girls (4yrs & 2yrs) got up at 4am on Christmas morning and tried to carry it into our bedroom! I didn't think to build it beforehand, so I ended up trying to build it while cooking dinner on Christmas day! It took about 8 hours. Bear that in mind, folks ;) xx

Offline Lozza5

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2021, 18:02:14 »
Thank you for all your replies re the Victorian Lamps  :).  I am new to this forum and will introduce myself when I find out how  8}, and also how to reply to specific comments.  :love:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2021, 18:16:07 »
Hi, The mansion was £100 in the UK in 1992.  I got it on offer for about £67.  I still remember how happy I was to get such a bargain! My girls (4yrs & 2yrs) got up at 4am on Christmas morning and tried to carry it into our bedroom! I didn't think to build it beforehand, so I ended up trying to build it while cooking dinner on Christmas day! It took about 8 hours. Bear that in mind, folks ;) xx

Sounds like I had a similar Christmas to your daughters - though it was my sister who was forced to do the assembly for me at some ungodly hour of the morning!