Author Topic: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!  (Read 28244 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: The revival of the Victorian theme (2022)!
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2021, 22:51:24 »
From what I've seen of previously rereleased sets in the US market, there will be a high priced sell off from people wanting to get max price before the rereleased sets hit the market. Then there will be a stretch when the sets are available where prices will be ok for a while. Once thry disappear from the current assortment again, probably 2 years, the prices will creep back up pretty quickly.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2021, 04:49:42 »
On many fora I check regularly, there's much to do about the pricing for the Victorian sets, some are really aiming way too high in my opinion. Can we assume some sellers of the original parts / complete sets are getting nervous? From the moment the parts are available in the Parts Service, the value of the (original) second hand parts will (almost) be worthless?

Look at other re-release sets

The description Tim gave is very accurate.

Some sets that were re-released and now discontinued are sky high again . Also the originals still get even higher prices

Worthless , if that was the case I’d have mountains (oh wait I do) ok many many mountains of playmo
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2021, 04:56:14 »
Don't they exclude the Greek Gods from the 25% off sales? But I think it might be included depending on how it shifts, the Fairy Tale Castle 9879 is included in offers.

Even if initially it’s not on the “every other week 25% off sale” eventually it will get there

Right now even the licensed sets are getting their own 25% off rounds

Pre Halloween it was Those meddling kids

Currently it’s ghostbusters

25% doesn’t seem like a lot but at the end of the month it adds up
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2021, 11:07:54 »
5. A cultural assortment, perhaps happening through museums etc.: happening right now, but there's still space for MUCH MUCH MORE  ;D

Absolutely, but there have been some beautiful sets recently: the Rijksmuseum sets, Van Gogh, the Greek Gods, ... One theme we are definitely missing is: an Aztec / Inca theme! Playmobil has a large Latin fanbase, they really should consider it!

But back on topic:

Worthless , if that was the case I’d have mountains (oh wait I do) ok many many mountains of playmo

I was more referring to the resale of the Victorian sets. Of course, the value of one's personal collection is always priceless! But what I meant is: at one point I will have the option to buy completely new parts (and sets) from Playmobil or buy secondhand parts (or sets) from a reseller. Believe me, I will definitely go for the new parts from Playmobil. Unless the resellers reduce their prices with at least 75% and this is what I mean with "(almost) worthless" in my earlier post. For years the resellers had like a monopoly on the Victorian sets and it seems some are getting nervous for obvious reasons ;)

I guess in the end this also might have played in the decision of Playmobil the revive those iconic sets. If you see that resellers can ask 3x or 4x the price of the original product (and every week new mansions pop up on second hand websites): those are lost incomes for Playmobil itself. If you can bring the same product again on the market for a cheaper price, collectors and normal customers will definitely buy the new stuff.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2021, 20:23:02 »
I guess in the end this also might have played in the decision of Playmobil the revive those iconic sets. If you see that resellers can ask 3x or 4x the price of the original product (and every week new mansions pop up on second hand websites): those are lost incomes for Playmobil itself. If you can bring the same product again on the market for a cheaper price, collectors and normal customers will definitely buy the new stuff.

I'm all for the reissues, though I wish they were in different colors (mostly because I have the originals  :-[ ), but playmobil does NOT want money.

Also... wondering.. what IS "playmobil plus"? Is it still to be hidden where nobody knows about it? Are they not gonna put the victorian reissues in the stores? Seriously?

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2021, 23:24:54 »
Also... wondering.. what IS "playmobil plus"? Is it still to be hidden where nobody knows about it? Are they not gonna put the victorian reissues in the stores? Seriously?

I know things vary from country to country, but certainly in the UK you have more chance of people seeing Playmobil online than in whatever toy shops still exist (ignoring the fact that they don't have to give the retailers a cut of things that they sell directly)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2021, 02:35:37 »
I too wish Geobra would have changed the colors just a bit. Similar to how they did the Victorian car and truck . That way the originals retain uniqueness and we get variation in our dioramas

Offline Speedyben

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Instagram dioramabenpm
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2021, 12:29:30 »
I'm all for the reissues, though I wish they were in different colors (mostly because I have the originals  :-[ ), but playmobil does NOT want money.

Playmobil Plus is the new name of Playmobil Direct Service, official since the first of January 2021, so not hidden ;)
~Playmobil Collector and Diorama Artist~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2021, 14:16:17 »
So did Geobra also rename the parts department

I thought that used to be part of the direct services

Calling the add-ons to Plus seems logical

“Add-ons” or “Direct Services” was a bit…..German-ish

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2021, 16:09:25 »
I know things vary from country to country, but certainly in the UK you have more chance of people seeing Playmobil online than in whatever toy shops still exist (ignoring the fact that they don't have to give the retailers a cut of things that they sell directly)

The problem is that even when shops in the UK have Playmobil in the packaging is now so much like Lego that it's difficult to spot the Playmobil.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”