Author Topic: Evolution of bml87’s collection  (Read 46157 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Evolution of bml87’s collection
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2021, 20:24:22 »
My expanded Romani orchestra

They should do a whole Romani theme - might have to rename it though to avoid confusion with the Roman theme  :klickygrin:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2021, 15:52:12 »
Good looking ones :)
Great looking figures! Would love to see the band's in action.

Thanks a lot!

I like the update you did with the new legs on the klickies from the Romani Circus orchestra.
And the 'Western'-lady/girl on the right (in light-yellow + white) in the last pic.
It's charming that you managed to "give a fresh coat of paint" to retro klickies! Your circus is not going to be understaffed for sure, judging by the klickies you are showing.

Thanks to both of you, some of the vintage klickies really have nice torsos, but I don't like the old style of legs. So whenever I see the opportunity to update those old legs, I take it!

They should do a whole Romani theme - might have to rename it though to avoid confusion with the Roman theme  :klickygrin:

It seems you kinda predicted the future: Circus Playmo! Although I like more the Romani circus... Nevertheless, some nice additions to my circus collection!

Color me jealous! Have fun!
I understand your enthusiasm – big fan of the man's soundtracks. Have fun!

I had 3 wonderful evenings in Berlin, the concerts where amazing! Finally I got the chance to see the Maestro, who had a lot of positive energy! I have never witnessed such flawless playing before, overall it sounded astonishing! The Superman March is now available for streaming and on YouTube. Here's a picture of the second evening:

Apart from the sightseeing I also went to the Playmobil Funstore, but nothing special there...

Recently I went to the vendor exposition in Sliedrecht (the Netherlands), which was much more interesting! But, I was more overwhelmed by the huge Playmobil store in the station of Breda: Happy Station! My goodness, I regret I didn't hear of it before! It's a heaven for klickies and parts, I will definitely visit that shop again:

The catch of the hunt:

And some new customs for my Western collection:

That's it for today, next stop: collect the revived Victorian sets!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2021, 22:41:35 »
Looks great, that seems a wonderful shop. Some great choices there

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2021, 08:52:43 »
Although I like more the Romani circus...

To me, nothing beats the safety net on Romani. The tent is nice, but completely off if you want to play or see what's inside, so, Romani wins the circus battle for me, by FAR.

But, I was more overwhelmed by the huge Playmobil store in the station of Breda: Happy Station!

Wow, that shop is HUGE!!! :o

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2021, 21:25:32 »
To me, nothing beats the safety net on Romani. The tent is nice, but completely off if you want to play or see what's inside, so, Romani wins the circus battle for me, by FAR.

You could take off the tent of course, they should have made an optional tent for the Romani circus too, I think it would have been great! Nevertheless, Romani will always have a special place in my mind (too), since it was my first theme collection.

Wow, that shop is HUGE!!! :o

Yip! And fair prices! Only 1h30 from Amsterdam by train, definitely worth the trip!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2021, 09:06:23 »
You could take off the tent of course, they should have made an optional tent for the Romani circus too, I think it would have been great! Nevertheless, Romani will always have a special place in my mind (too), since it was my first theme collection.

We never had the circus itself, as cubs.. And I DO love the tent, but I think it will get in the way, both to play and to view... and that safety net.. well.. :love:

Yip! And fair prices! Only 1h30 from Amsterdam by train, definitely worth the trip!

I wish!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #186 on: December 09, 2021, 21:57:32 »
Santa was early this year... I still can't believe this is happening, glad I was able to get the sets brand new!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2021, 01:22:21 »
I'm sure it's been said but Playmobil is currently selling a full sized steck building. Imagine if they re-released 3450 or 3666 but with updated figures. One can dream. ;D

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2021, 15:12:18 »
Santa was early this year... I still can't believe this is happening, glad I was able to get the sets brand new!

I don't think many people in my life would get how much this one photo warms my heart  :love:
Best Christmas presents EVER!