Author Topic: Hogwarts and our Harry Potter world  (Read 4648 times)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
Re: Hogwarts and our Harry Potter world
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 12:18:14 »
Love the building, and the tiny tower-building on rocks :love:

And the white guy with a beard! I never considered using a beard with that hair - well.. until now :P

I also love the pic of the reading cat - it's a wonderful photo. :heart:

(I do remember making a "Hagrid" for a friend, but went with a fat guy with old legs with artic boots - the kind Patrick... uhm.. the guys from the Scott Polar Institute wear ;) )

Thank you, Tahra :) The tiny tower-building is supposed to represent Hadrid’s house, which of course should be proportionally much bigger.  :'(

I think Hagrid looks much better with fat legs and boots, but he must (he must! he must!) be taller than the others. And Dobby smaller, therefore the use of that other brand... Life is full of compromises.  :P

The reading cat is McGonagall’s animagus on a free time moment between classes (she can transform into a cat, you would love it!) :love:

I forgot to mention the pheasant who wants to be a phoenix when she grows up!

She has to grow more feathers but already has the mandatory bright colours. :P

Thank you Eplay, Tiermann and Mr Raven for your kind comments!  :wave:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 12:54:40 »
The reading cat is McGonagall’s animagus on a free time moment between classes (she can transform into a cat, you would love it!) :love:

Ah, maybe it's like the intrisic nature spell Nysander masters ("let thy inner symbol be revealed"), in my beloved Nightrunner Series (Wikipedia link)

Regardless, a gorgeous pic :love:

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 21:10:48 »
Making / unmaking of Hogwarts. All parts for future record.
Not here: furniture, accessories and figures.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2021, 23:28:36 »
Wow! That's an impressive collection of Steck! And only the four tall windows are customised parts?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2021, 00:05:09 »
I think I should probably be scared that I have every part there but the special tall windows and maybe a couple short on the double arch walls. You didn't show the greenhouse parts.
I have seen a couple of the movies but not read the books actually. Something to think about doing if I get bored with not enough Playmobil to keep me occupied. Heh

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2021, 07:36:50 »
Thanks for sharing :)

I LOVE making ofs... :love:   I think we (ok, at least I) don't realize the amount of parts we use in a building...

Hope you took more pics of the construction... or you have a better memory than me. Then again, this IS steck, so may be doable from finished building pics ;)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2021, 11:23:26 »
Wow! That's an impressive collection of Steck! And only the four tall windows are customised parts?

Yes Graham, only the 4 tall windows are 3D from Playmoebius, I bought them specifically for Hogwarts main room  :love:
The rest are original Steck, no idea where I got all that over the years. Plus the 3666 and the other smaller ones, those are on separate boxes...  :-[

I think I should probably be scared that I have every part there but the special tall windows and maybe a couple short on the double arch walls. You didn't show the greenhouse parts.
I have seen a couple of the movies but not read the books actually. Something to think about doing if I get bored with not enough Playmobil to keep me occupied. Heh

Someone said “there is never enough Steck”, no worries…  ;)

The Greenhouse was packed along with the accessories and figures, I didn’t photograph those, but from the greenhouse set I used only the main building with the roof + sliding doors …I would need about 10 or 20 greenhouses to achieve something similar to Professor Sprout's herbology class from the movies, but I only have one…  :-\

"Three times a week they went out to the greenhouses behind the castle to study Herbology, with a dumpy little witch called Professor Sprout, where they learned how to take care of strange plants and fungi, and found out what they were used for."
— Harry Potter (from harrypotter.fandom.com)

Thanks for sharing :)

I LOVE making ofs... :love:   I think we (ok, at least I) don't realize the amount of parts we use in a building...

Hope you took more pics of the construction... or you have a better memory than me. Then again, this IS steck, so may be doable from finished building pics ;)

I took many pictures because I do wish to build it again some day. When I’m old and have a house by the sea with green shutters on the windows facing the garden and a big attic to display my playmobil collection…. Oh well. I keep on dreaming :P

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2021, 09:30:26 »
I took many pictures because I do wish to build it again some day. When I’m old and have a house by the sea with green shutters on the windows facing the garden and a big attic to display my playmobil collection…. Oh well. I keep on dreaming :P

That's a great dream! Maybe you will need several outbuildings or a barn for your PM displays? And car parking for the visiting public, reasonable entry fee, discount for PF members?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2021, 13:56:45 »
 :) of course, all of that and a red carpet for you too  :love:

:wave:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2021, 18:57:03 »
...  don't forget the bullet proof glass and the goons with baseball bats and hitting orders!   >:D