Author Topic: New catalogue (2nd half 2021) online!!!  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: New catalogue (2nd half 2021) online!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2021, 18:02:46 »
I don't think so.... nice!  No idea about the game, it involves whacking balls with a hammer/mallet thing through those hoops, I think?  (seen in.... some cartoon.. Alice in Wonderland, maybe?)

Yes, it features in Alice in Wonderland. And yes, you have the jist of it. I've only played it once but I think you have to get them through in a certain order. I don't think we've had the mallet before either, but my knowledge is not encyclopaedic!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2021, 19:28:14 »
Yes, it features in Alice in Wonderland. And yes, you have the jist of it. I've only played it once but I think you have to get them through in a certain order. I don't think we've had the mallet before either, but my knowledge is not encyclopaedic!

Not THAT mallet - would never guess what the thing is if not in use... My (poor) memory is of a "normal" mallet... not a strange contraption.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2021, 19:52:24 »
It is a peculiar object, I guess the fact that Playmobil don't have posable elbows makes it hard  :lol:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2021, 23:13:17 »
I think it would have been possible to make a proper croquet mallet, this one is more of an x large headed golf club
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2021, 14:27:36 »
In Disney's Alice in Wonderland the mallets were flamingos, the balls were hedgehogs and the hoops were playing cards. I think those were in Lewis Carroll's original too. Makes for a much more interesting game than ordinary croquet (not to be confused with crotchet).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2021, 17:12:03 »
Yes, they were lifted from the book. I think Disney was relatively faithful, except that he took elements from both books and amalgamated them.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2021, 17:56:27 »
Makes for a much more interesting game than ordinary croquet (not to be confused with crotchet).

Or with croquette.  8-)
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2021, 21:20:28 »
The 'WWII Bomb' will go well with the 'Novelmore-Steampunkish-Zeppelinesk-Intercontinental-Stealth-Bomber'.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2021, 01:36:56 »
:lol: American kids won't understand the set at all, we have no ongoing problem with unexploded munitions from past wars...

A very common experience for German kids, though. The bomb defusers provide essential services, as is demonstrated on occasion: Sometimes the incendiaries don't get noticed, like today in my city, where building works set off a 250 kg American bomb, luckily still buried 2 or 3 meters underground. Yet the blast almost tore off the leg of a construction worker. :( More info in the Sueddeutsche

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2021, 02:42:35 »
A very common experience for German kids, though. The bomb defusers provide essential services, as is demonstrated on occasion: Sometimes the incendiaries don't get noticed, like today in my city, where building works set off a 250 kg American bomb, luckily still buried 2 or 3 meters underground. Yet the blast almost tore off the leg of a construction worker. :( More info in the Sueddeutsche

:(o): Sorry about that!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: