Author Topic: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022  (Read 20165 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2021, 18:23:02 »
Greek Gods worked because it's not really licensed.

Let this be a lesson to other countries: trademark your pagan mythologies!  :2c: :crossed: :irish:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2021, 11:19:40 »
Saw this on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=360682822496668

=> The first promotional video with all the sets!

Now the question rises: are they really going to promote something already for a release in June 2022?! I would assume they decided to release the sets earlier in 2022?
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2021, 14:46:31 »
Those buildings are must haves . I could use at least a dozen of each. The table probably only a few of. Looks great but it’s so big for dioramas. Such great looking sets and colors.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Geobra is not going to release these state side . I don’t think there is enough of an Asterix following here. Similar to us being jipped on the Heidi sets.

I’ll have to source them from abroad , all I need is the exchange rate to balance out

Thank you for posting the video , the sets look better than I thought
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline MPW

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2021, 15:33:18 »
 :(o):

I haven't read a lot of Asterix. But being a medieval buff these sets are a must have :loco:

(Technically not medieval of course, but maybe this will be an occassion to start collecting the Roman Theme too)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2021, 17:23:10 »
The quality of the video I have seen on Instagram is low, my guess is it's leaked and not intended to be out yet. The Spaniards seem to have really good connections somewhere, or have hacked their way into company systems at the Spanish plant.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2021, 07:52:59 »
I wonder if the Romans have reversible heads? After they have been beaten up, with black eyes, etc.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2021, 14:36:50 »
I know absolutely nothing about Asterix, but I love these sets - especially The Village Feast.

I'm glad to hear, though, that it's not out until June.  I imagine it will be rather expensive, and I'll need that time to save up!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2021, 20:16:00 »
Let this be a lesson to other countries: trademark your pagan mythologies!  :2c: :crossed: :irish:

:lmao: :lmao:

Saw this on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=360682822496668

=> The first promotional video with all the sets!

Thank you for posting!

(Technically not medieval of course, but maybe this will be an occassion to start collecting the Roman Theme too)

That's the spirit!  :P

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2021, 03:11:04 »
The tree house would make an excellent cottage without the tree. You could create a small settlement with them. So many great new pieces coming.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2021, 08:46:19 »
The tree house would make an excellent cottage without the tree. You could create a small settlement with them. So many great new pieces coming.

Though in the good system WHY way, you will need to either cut the connector tabs or set it on something... or disguise the connector holes, I would guess...

But beautiful parts all around.. I REALLY hope those are normal klickys... I got some Ayuma, and... well.. I can't get over it.  :'(