Author Topic: Steve and A.'s collection  (Read 4557 times)

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
Re: Steve and A.'s collection
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 23:00:26 »
Here is the cafe. I bought this half-price using Nectar points (a supermarket loyalty scheme) - so it was basically free. But there's a lot of space here so new tables, chairs and cutlery were added. I also got the male klicky an apron because I didn't like the implication that the female was the menial in this relationship!  ::)

The police like to have the roof seat in the cafe from where they can keep an eye on any trouble in town and where they're close to a steady supply of doughnuts. Not necessarily in that order.

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2021, 23:04:02 »
And here is the stable. This was a gift from A.'s godmother and the cart was a present from the godmother's daughter. I added extra fencing and tack, the trough, and the storage crate. We love horse riding play, but we're not to sure about the crops!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 07:33:26 »
The police like to have the roof seat in the cafe from where they can keep an eye on any trouble in town and where they're close to a steady supply of doughnuts. Not necessarily in that order.

:D  they were eating donuts in my dio too... post coffee...
(we mostly refer to those by the brand here, I guess.. )

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 08:27:24 »
... We love horse riding play, but we're not to sure about the crops!

My daughter evicted all the crops from her stable PM! And I learnt recently that there are very strict rules on crop use for jockeys on the racetrack.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2021, 14:47:00 »
Graham, this would be another good example for the 'real life' forum we've discussed elsewhere. Is there someone 'horsey' on Playmofriends who could explain whether the crop is for whipping or touching!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 07:23:29 »
My daughters are horsey. The crop is for encouraging the horse to move (faster), so its a whip. In the UK, jockeys are allowed 7 uses of the crop per horse race (8 in jumps races) or they may face disqualification or even suspension. I gather this is monitored very closely in the UK. Elsewhere (e.g. New Jersey), any use of the crop is banned apart from use for safety reasons (not sure what that means!).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2021, 05:41:14 »
Do British and Portuguese police stereotypically eat doughnuts or are your dios representing American scenes?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2021, 08:37:17 »
Do British ...... police stereotypically eat doughnuts......?

No.

Burgers, maybe!

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2021, 12:09:43 »
American officers eat donuts, while British officers eat doughnuts!  :lol:

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2021, 12:29:57 »
The pet sanctuary was where A.'s Playmobil interests began and was quickly developed through sets #6140, #9277 and #70137. Then we needed someone to run it (not just the children) so I brought in #9356 and #70030. I really like the headscarf look on those klickies! That also expanded our animals beyond rabbits and guinea pigs, something I occasionally continue to do - A. has hedgehogs coming this summer!

We've found there's not enough space to use all the fencing, so some of it has been redeployed to give the dog groomers a permanent pen. Meanwhile I also added some connectors to attach the sanctuary to the stable. This integrates the two parts of Playmobil Town and saves space by using the stable fencing as a border for the sanctuary.