Author Topic: Flooring the Red Framework House  (Read 3617 times)

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
Flooring the Red Framework House
« on: June 14, 2021, 22:12:43 »
So it's my birthday this week  ;D and that's been an excuse to splurge on Playmobil.

I've treated myself to the Red Framework House (7785) with the thought that I could have a little mini early modern diorama in my study (a nod hear to Elise's bell jar). I've realised though that the house doesn't have a floor, so I can't rotate it and keep the klickies in position. Is there a part I should be looking for to floor it? Presumably this is the Steck system,which is new to me.

Thanks for ay thoughts/help.

Steve.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: Flooring the Red Framework House
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 03:09:04 »
I don't think any of the framework houses ever came with a floor. I'd assume that the base plates that come with Colorado Springs/the Western House would fit (30 05 0800), but it does mean a step up to the door (and, of course, you can't currently order spare parts to the UK).

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 19:36:00 »
Thanks Oliver. Playmobil show the floor area of 7785 as 190*190mm and 30050800 as 175*87.

The hiatus on spare parts in the UK is driving me bananas, but they keep reassuring me they're going to restore the service once they've found an arrangement with HMRC and UPS.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 01:42:52 »
I don't think size should be a problem - if you look at 3771 Vacation house, it uses 3 of them as the floor, so 2 would suffice for the frame work houses. I'm just not sure if the bottom of the framework wall is different, and so it wouldn't fix onto the base plate.

If it was me, I'd be tempted to get a thin piece of MDF, or even heavy duty cardboard, to do the job

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 08:08:05 »
I have both Steck houses and the floor panels which go with the goods depot and I will do a check for you today.  Do not get your hopes up as too the result!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 08:14:15 »
Thanks Playmofire!

I had thought about fixing a balsa wood base, Oliver, but I confess some aversion to modding if I can't restore it to its original condition in the future! I'll have to think about how that might work (i.e. not superglue  ::) )

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 15:05:03 »
Thanks Playmofire!

I had thought about fixing a balsa wood base, Oliver, but I confess some aversion to modding if I can't restore it to its original condition in the future! I'll have to think about how that might work (i.e. not superglue  ::) )

I always baffles me when I see sets that have been super-glued together on eBay  :o

I'm not sure how robust you need it to be, maybe a strip of double sided tape would do the job? I don't think that would cause any damage

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 15:10:24 »
People who superglue playmo parts  are going to the special hell. Just sayin' :P

I am not sure if those framework "cornered" parts work with the floors.... My poor old head :-[

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 16:08:49 »
First, I confused the floor pieces you were talking about with the pieces which come with the goods station, so I cannot help with the query concerning the Colorado Springs floor pieces.

However, I have made up a  Steck house and you need a floor piece 167mm x 167mm and 5mm thick for a Steck house to sit on it with the floor recessed inside the walls (measurements are within about 1mm).
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 16:34:02 »
Thanks Playmofire. I'll need to have a play with the assembly.

Tahra, do you mean the pieces used to make the first-floor floor, 30028470?

Steve.