Author Topic: klickyklack's small & evolving collection  (Read 10429 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Re: klickyklack's small & evolving collection
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2020, 20:53:26 »
I am not a fan of Eastenders either, but your klickies' social lives seem so complex and colourful, I thought perhaps there must be some soap-opera influence and Eastenders seemed like a possibility. Listen to their dialogue and if anyone says "Wassgoinon?" you can be certain someone has been watching EE.
Is your washtub soap free? Or do only Fresh and Clean klickies get into your household?

:lol: I have no idea where they get it from :toot: I think I've heard some scorchio & escandalos, so I'll go with older Almodovar films as an influence, Spanish drama with a bit more murder, weirdness & :hehe:  ;)

:lol: our washtub is very heavy on the bubbles, etc, I'm just comparing ME being (TV) soap free with secondhand eBay Klickys who turn up here FILTHY (ew!).  My new arrivals are routinely quarantined until full cleaning has taken place.  I got some really stinky ones today  :help: :no:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2020, 10:56:58 »
Oh yes, I've had some of those, covered in filff (as they say on EastEnders, not that I ever watch it). You get those brown stains, which are probably chocolate. Probably. And cooking pots with real food in them. MMM.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2022, 01:30:56 »
Long time, no updates..  One of the parts of my collection that I haven't shared so far is my Native Americans / Indians..

One of the first Playmobil sets I bought was 4569 Wolf Tracker which I guess I got when it came out in the late 90's/early 00's.  When I started collecting Playmobil properly, the older Indian sets were one of the things I was most drawn to.

Despite knowing that there's a bunch of issues with the Indian klickys, I just love them, especially those 1988 > 1991 sets, which is where I started my collection (after Wolf Tracker).

I took these photos 2 & a half years ago & I wasn't even sure whether I'd posted them or not (I don't think I did  ???), posting them as a comparison for when I take some photos of where I'm at now. 

As often happens with me, I start off with the idea of a limited & focused collection (in this case the 1988 > 1991 sets) & then it expands to "MUST HAVE ALL THE THINGS!"  :lol: I think i've got 80% of the Native American klickys now & almost all of the ones I most wanted.

List of the sets that include the Klickys I don't have yet (I have 3 of the renegades from 3878, but am still missing the one with the lilac top) + I don't have almost all of the Figures Indians.

I think there's around 78 unique Indian klickys (?) with some are the same as other releases but have slight differences - like faces with stubble instead of painted marks, but I might have missed some random outlaws, & didn't include the Inuits (they're some I need to add in the future) or the classic klickys.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2022, 01:38:21 »
& the rest..

I just recently got the last of the Indian kids & have all of them now, so definitely need to take a photo of those soon. 

ETA:
I guess at this point I was just collecting the 1988 > 1991 group & it was before I got set 3732 finishing off my subcollection of Indians from that period.  I've only really just finished that set off properly by getting 3731 with the buffalo (but that's because I wanted the full sets from that period & not just the klickys).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 06:15:58 by klickyklack »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2022, 05:47:14 »
Nice selection  :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2022, 07:14:01 »
Great pics :love:

The old indians were core when we started - the woman with caldron (3355 - is it bad I know the ref?) was our 4th playmobil creature (after the bandit+horse and nurse) - it was a gift on children's day in 81.

We have a soft spot for them... and then my sister fell for those "new  ones" - the ones with indian skintone... and then.. well...  :-[

Feel free to send a want list if you wish (consider shipping from Portugal... ) - I believe there are some indians on mount 3 ;)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2022, 07:22:29 »
Lovely pictures  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2022, 10:16:51 »
Lovely collection. It’s the first time I’ve noticed the moccasins.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2022, 13:41:31 »
Thanks all!   :-[

Lovely collection. It’s the first time I’ve noticed the moccasins.

Aren't the moccasins lovely, it's a shame my ragtag group are missing a lot of theirs.  The moccasins are quite brittle now & I've had some crack on me when I've tried to remove them (when klickys have come in just one for example).  :(

Great pics :love:

The old indians were core when we started - the woman with caldron (3355 - is it bad I know the ref?) was our 4th playmobil creature (after the bandit+horse and nurse) - it was a gift on children's day in 81.

We have a soft spot for them... and then my sister fell for those "new  ones" - the ones with indian skintone... and then.. well...  :-[

Those seductive indians eh!  :love:  :lol: 

Feel free to send a want list if you wish (consider shipping from Portugal... ) - I believe there are some indians on mount 3 ;)

I'll get a wish list together, I have no idea where to send it or what mount 3 is though.  8} 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2022, 18:33:35 »
I'll get a wish list together, I have no idea where to send it or what mount 3 is though.  8}

Well, we can trade emails via PM (those tend to get full, so... )

Mount 3 is the pile of to-go stuff.  When I started the neverending PROCESS (link here) there were 3 mountains in the room, and the 3rd was the stuff to trade/sell.. the name stuck. Also, I'm nuts. It's ok, I know.  :P