Author Topic: Hi everybody!  (Read 10524 times)

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
Re: Hi everybody!
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 04:14:49 »
Hmm... I have never been to Fort Lauderdale so I couldn't say for certain... but  I have never heard anyone before compare VT to Florida ??? Well, anyway, glad you had such a lovely time in my near neighborhood. Perhaps you'll come back again and we can arrange a playmo-meeting!  :yup:

Thanks all, by the way, for your warm welcome. I am so happy to be here.

Cheers,
Red
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 17:39:58 »
Welcome Red!

I cannot believe I neglected to welcome you before now! 8} I'm sorry.

Are there any nice shops carrying a large quantity of Playmobil in your area? Vermont seems like a really nice, clean place to live.

Robbie

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 19:10:30 »
Hi Robbie,

There are the usual US toy stores, Learning Express and TRU. And there is a toy store called Kidstown which has a lot of current stuff, though it's a bit overpriced. There is also one toy outlet (forgot the name) with a fair amount of stuff at ok prices. I would say, though, that for the most part, I get my playmobil from ebay, trading, and online retailers who have a wider variety and are cheaper.

Vermont is a beautiful place, especially if you like mountain views and fall color. The pace here is slower, too, and people are generally quite friendly. My dream is to live in the Pacific Northwest, but until I can I don't want to leave here (though every January I question that opinion!)

Cheers,
Red
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 19:34:10 »
Hi Kim,

I thought I'd say "Hello" formally as it were, even though we are already part way through a trade.  Nice to see you again;  I remember your previous identity.  Look forward to hearing more from you in the future. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”