Author Topic: Large store-display people  (Read 1841 times)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Large store-display people
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:31:41 »
The more I talk to official Playmobil people, the more they keep referring to "all the reasons" why the general public is not allowed to own large scale playmo people, (that are used in store displays.)

I jokingly hinted that I may *ahem* know someone who owns one, but that only intensified the talk a bit.

I know that Playmobil officially forbids the sale of store display life-sized figures to the public, but what are the mysterious reasons why its so strict?

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Large store-display people
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:41:11 »
... what are the mysterious reasons why its so strict?

They come alive at night and help to organise and stock the store merchandise. They are very valuable to the maintenance of small shops, and for this reason, they do not want any information to be known about their true natures.
~Pynedor~

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:30:47 »
so many rules.

is there somewhere where geobra makes explicit that buying and selling of the displays is forbidden? they seem to turn up on the secondary market from time to time and without problem, don't they?by the way, they may forbid a store from selling them but if that store goes belly up, it's the owner's to liquidate.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 08:22:57 »
They come alive at night and help to organise and stock the store merchandise. They are very valuable to the maintenance of small shops, and for this reason, they do not want any information to be known about their true natures.

:o  I NEED TEN OF THEM.

On a more serious note, years ago my "supplier" had a catalog that listed those. Unfortunately at the time I didn't have where to put him, so I passed - IDIOT. There were a bunch of different ones...

I still want to get me ONE of those (unless the stupid - I mean LOVELY! - euromillions balls get their act together, in which case I'll have an ARMY)..

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 12:30:39 »
I know, I just hate that they don't allow them to be sold. :( Makes it so much harder to get your hands on one! I don't see why collectors can't be allowed to buy them. What could it hurt?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 13:22:21 »
Maybe they will start selling them in the PCC sale. :lol:

Remember how that one was stolen a while ago? Selling them might stop that, though I sort of doubt the person who stole it was a collector.
~Pynedor~

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 15:14:40 »
I had better be quiet about the 2 I have then it we aren't allowed to have them  :lol:

Just to clarify, one was being thrown out after hurricane damage... the other I have a receipt for...  lest anyone think I stole them ;D
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 16:14:53 »
Maybe they will start selling them in the PCC sale. :lol:

that would require them to actually have the pcc sale in full effect. i know, i know, cut them some slack. they're just a billion dollar corporation.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 17:24:39 »
At the pcc there's an interview published with the head of the Playmobil decoration department and he explains why it is impossible.

The interview is confidential and we can't share the information, but I hope it's okay to quote the reason why selling items like the giant clickies is not possible:

Further, as these decoration articles are not LGA-tested and therefore do not meet the respective safety requirements, they may not be sold.

You can't blame them for trying to avoid law-suits...

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 17:43:39 »
thanks, birdie. i am a member but haven't read the piece yet. you're right, you can't blame them for liability related issues. short of tort reform in our sue happy land, that probably won't change. doesn't the liability shift away from geobra when we're talking about the secondary market?