Author Topic: Klicky-sized PlaymoFriends Calendar  (Read 9994 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Klicky-sized PlaymoFriends Calendar
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 16:05:06 »
Very cool. Nicely done (as always) Jo

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005, 21:28:08 »
Stop for a minute: I do not want to take the credit for this idea by myself. I haven't had it, I just gave the first realization. The idea originally is from Sir Gareth in this thread

You could make money with a calendar like that

Not at all. This should be fun. I'm not interested in making any money with my hobbies  :)
(That's also the reason why I rejected several offers of earning money with my Web site, because it's private and should stay non-profit, no matter how much the offer is ... although I must say, that the offers currently haven't been that high  ;D)

So if you are the opinion that the work can be sold, I'm a little bit satisfied that this seems to be a usefull piece.  :)

If anybody else want to sell this (in the case it is actually finished) to make money for this site, I have no issue with this (not to mention that from my side so far only the template has been provided).

Jo,  I remember your workshop, but hadnt noticed the flourescent light before.  That is a very nice touch.

Cool, right?  8-) ;)
And it's no Photoshop or digital picture manipulation trick. The flourescent light tube is made from hot glue adhesive (fixed between two Lego parts) and the light source for this picture (a desk lamp) has placed directly above it, so the flourescent light effect comes out quite well. -- To be honest, this was planned and I've also been surprised by this nice effect  ;)

Love your template, Jochen, and I think making it klicky-scaled as well as full size is an absolute must! 8-)
Are you going to have a cover too? If you want any more pics from me, just drop me a line and I will be happy to provide the originals. :D

This would be really helpful and I will come back on this offer. I first will check again j4k to make a "photo shopping list". Especially for a full-sized variant the high resolution originals are necessary to guarantee a good quality.
Additional the PF logo and the PF text would be helpful in a high-resolution and on a neutral background (transparent will be even better).

For sure this calender needs a cover  ;D

I also had the idea to make a contest or a poll for this, but as already stated, this will become a length process. I'm not even sure if I can make it untill the beginning of the next near (although this would be a nice gift for the Tokens of Friendship-Ringing the new year; but the idea just came to shortly and I'm still busy in the job untill mid of next week ... and then the participation deadline has been already gone ... and the gift makes only sense, if it is complete).
Maybe we proceed faster, if I (or somebody else) makes a first selection and we discuss on it. Maybe there aren't enough contributions at all so that a poll doesn't make any sense at all (I got the impression, that before Christmas everybody is very busy) ... but maybe I'm wrong and there would be.

There could be also the option, to make different localized versions in different languages. Any suggestions which ones preferred? (For other languages than German and English I need help for sure  :))
I've also thought about some variants in realizing the full-size one. I think there would be some options possible (beneath the complete self-printed version). Any suggestions about the size of the real-world-one?

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 00:29:29 »
I would purchase calendars if they were to benefit this site.

M

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 10:08:35 »
Thanks for being so gratious Jo but it looks like a spark has been ignited on the calandar idea. Excellent concept Sir Gareth!  I do like the idea of a PlaymoFriends Calandar and have a few ideas...one for January in fact. And I love the idea of the klicky sized calandar as well!

Soooo.....does anyone want to step forward and volunteer to organize a calandar project? Even if it is 2007 before it's complete it's just too wondeful of an idea to let pass by with out some discussion. :D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 13:25:15 »
I think Jochen wants to make a "pin-up" girl style of calendar for his workshop before 2007, so I will help him out with that by giving him pics of the style he wants. :)

Maybe we can use his little project as the tester and work on the more involved calendar idea using pics submitted from everyone throughout 2006.  8-)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 14:56:09 »
I think Jochen wants to make a "pin-up" girl style of calendar for his workshop before 2007, so I will help him out with that by giving him pics of the style he wants. :)

Great to hear this!!!
(Wasn't this the initial idea, to make a PM babes calendar? That was at least what I interpreted from Sir Gareth's comment.)

Maybe we can use his little project as the tester and work on the more involved calendar idea using pics submitted from everyone throughout 2006.  8-)

That sounds rather good. So we can proceed fast, collect some experiences, and discuss on the "prototypes" without any hurry, because 2006 is already knocking on the door. I think there are also several options in realizing the PM-scaled version, which should be tried and worked out in detail, to find the best solution.
I also like the idea to use the whole next year to collect the photos. I think it should be manageable to collect in this period of time some high quality photos with some nice dioramas. Then it would also be possible to work on more seasonal pictures for each month. (Apart from the December in my request for pictures to Sylvia the rest of months are more or less arbitrary chosen.)
Also an advantage for 2007 is, that this leaves also enough time (for me or some helpers), to produce some of these calenders. -- I'm not sure, if I can produce as much as desired for selling them, but I think a few, or a little bit more than a few, must be possible, if I have not to wait due lack of photos untill December 2006 for starting the "production"  ;)

Yes, this really might become a nice project ...

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 06:30:46 »
Wow,

Very nice idea and that template really looks stunning.
By trying to sell them on EBay you would get some major advertising for this site.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 06:56:12 »

Now that is an excellent idea Sylvia.  We could even discuss having a monthly calander photo event (not necessarily a contest but who knows) that would result in a PlaymoFriends calandar for 2007. Shall I start a topic on this? Is there interest? Monthly submissions would be a great way for me to hone my PhotoShop skills if nothing else...but I would like to avoid a heavily "PhotoShopped" project.

Ideas anyone?
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 13:07:01 »
Shall I start a topic on this? Is there interest? Monthly submissions would be a great way for me to hone my PhotoShop skills if nothing else...but I would like to avoid a heavily "PhotoShopped" project.

Sounds good. :yup:
I'm not sure if I'll have the opportunity to submit any new photos good enough for a calendar (have to start packing my playmo away so it can go into storage soon), but there are probably enough other people that would like to take part.  Aside from yourself, I see that Tim_w already expressed an interest in doing so.

Yes, a new topic asking for submissions would probably be the best shot. :)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 18:26:57 »
Great work Little Jo, that's just what I had in mind.

Now that I'm back in the motortrade I get to see a few Girly calenders through out the year. A few of the young lads think I'm a bit weired already collecting Playmobil, I can just imagine what they would say If I put up a full sized Playmo Pin-up calender in the tea room. :lol: :lol:
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.