Author Topic: Enhanced welding mask/visor  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Enhanced welding mask/visor
« on: September 17, 2006, 10:18:19 »
PM often leaves out panes of glass, e.g. at the excavator's cabins or other vehicles. Nevertheless I was the opinion that in case of the welding mask the glass is a security feature and normaly can be seen explicitly because it's not clear glass, so I got the idea to add one. The tinted glass can be made quite easy from a tictac box. The rough shape is cut with a sharp knife, exact fitting has been managed with sanding paper, which is quite important because I use no glue: the glass has been cropped in that way, that it keeps in its location just because of its exact size.

(Before somebody claims about: I know that real welding visors are nearly black, but in like it that way more because eyes are still visible  ;))

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Enhanced welding mask/visor
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 10:27:24 »
Excellent work, Jochen, and very elegantly done without glue.  I think the use of the orange tinted plastic is a good compromise.

I see you have at least one THW set.  Are we going to see pictures shortly, either in a story or as a review?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 16:36:18 »
Cool  ;D Not all welding visors are black. I have seen one mask that was almost like yours. When I started welding, the mask made the glass become black. Was some kind of modern electrical mask. But I did not like it, did not trust it  :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 16:42:48 »

Your customs are just fantastic, Jochen ...

What is so amazing about your customs is that all of them that I have seen could have come from Zirndorf (and probably will some day) ... ;)

Thanks for sharing.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 19:20:02 »
Hello  Jochen  :)

:omg: this is excellent !! Your customs never fail to amaze me Jochen, thank you for sharing your wonderfull work with us :)9.

KIndest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)