Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
Hi everyone!
« on: December 16, 2017, 23:44:34 »
Hi everyone!

I am a new member, writing you from Germany, and I am sorry it took me two weeks to finally say hi... It's almost Christmas and there's playmobil, you know... :)
I'm a very recent but passionate collector - I've started for just about an year ago - but I've been doing my best to keep up! ;) As usual, it all goes back to childhood memories. My childhood playmobil sets were very few and small ones, but enough to create a mild fever. My little cousin always got the big sets, like the fort and the pirate boat, so I kept visiting him whenever I could to play together.
Now I have two children and a great excuse to get my old dream-toys, and the kids love these old sets too. I also enjoy my "professional talk" with my youngest, who keeps track which hair or sword belongs to which klicky - I can always ask him if we have a certain part in a certain color already and he seems to know it all immediately - I suspect he studies the playmobil-catalog when his parents are asleep...  ;D

I was also a pcc-member, where I met Tahra - upon finding out the sad news, she recommended this website to keep in touch (thanks Tahra!). I hope I get to know more of you all, admire your collections, and find out more about this amazing toy. I'm also interested in news/events/exhibitions around playmobil, since I was in a Luxembourg exhibition this last summer and it was fantastic, though a bit overwhelming too...  :love:

My theme is historical, mainly medieval (Steck 3666/customs), but of course we can't resist to ships and pirates and vikings and even certain fairies... It's a big mess but we love it.
Looking forward to know more from you!  :wave:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 03:08:39 »
Welcome from the USA!!!!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 03:26:42 »
Welcome and great looking picture there.

Out of interest, what is the name you use for the tree in the picture - Betula pendula (silver birch).

...and yes, it's a shame about the pcc closing. Will you open your Don Quixote gift or keep it boxed?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:12:45 »
Welcome from the UK!  :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 09:37:25 »
 :welcome:

Welcome to PF!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 11:37:47 »
Welcome from the UK! I am sure you will find much to interest you here on PF. And thanks to Tahra for another new member!

I also enjoy my "professional talk" with my youngest, who keeps track which hair or sword belongs to which klicky - I can always ask him if we have a certain part in a certain color already and he seems to know it all immediately - I suspect he studies the playmobil-catalog when his parents are asleep...  ;D

One of my children is like that. If I 'borrow' one of her fairies or something for one of my projects, she always notices it is missing!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 12:22:36 »
Out of interest, what is the name you use for the tree in the picture - Betula pendula (silver birch).

...and yes, it's a shame about the pcc closing. Will you open your Don Quixote gift or keep it boxed?

Hi Klickteryx!
Botanics is not my field of expertise at all, but in german we call this tree "Birke". We have it from DS 6472, in german this set is called "2 Laubbäume", which means as much as "leaf trees". It sounds so much more beautiful in latin  :) Do you like trees? I made a custom tree with the big tree of 4827 - we added many twigs and branches, I'll attach a picture.

My Don Quixote hasn't arrived yet... When it does, I guess we will not resist opening it. I would love to have the Don Quixote MIB, but only if I had two of them ;)  The idea of a "one and only" MIB is nice but only for very patient and controlled people ;D ....oh, I said too much!
What do you think of the hat? It's pretty controversial, right?

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 13:14:13 »
One of my children is like that. If I 'borrow' one of her fairies or something for one of my projects, she always notices it is missing!

Hello GrahamB! I'm glad my child is not the only one with playmobil x-ray eyes! :) Many greetings to you!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 20:57:35 »
Hello!

Welcome from Portugal :)

Great to see you joining us here - hope you post your pics here as well ;)

My Quixote will have another beard and hat... Being a pcc gift, I will not pop him, but those two changes are a must. I will make a friend for him.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 21:02:07 »
Welcome to the friendliest site on the web.
With those millions and millions of smiles we share - it must be  :lol:

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.