Author Topic: What happens to our collections after we pass on?  (Read 12482 times)

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
Re: What happens to our collections after we pass on?
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 05:42:20 »
I'm having a massive tomb constructed by slaves, somewhere in the Oregon desert, but there's another 50 years construction required. All my klickies are going to be buried with me, and a in a few thousand years someone will dig them all up and wonder who this poweful king was, who could have all his subjects modelled in miniature and buried with him.

Ancient Egyptian royalty had little statuettes called shabtis (or ushabtis; there are numerous spellings) that are supposed to act as servants for the deceased in the afterlife.  They were placed in the tomb along with the sarcophagus.  Perhaps your klickies could act in that capacity for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushabti

CARPE KLICKY!

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 05:55:45 »
I'm having a massive tomb constructed by slaves, somewhere in the Oregon desert, but there's another 50 years construction required. All my klickies are going to be buried with me, and a in a few thousand years someone will dig them all up and wonder who this poweful king was, who could have all his subjects modelled in miniature and buried with him.
i assume your burial mask will have a klicky smile!
kaethe

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 10:52:17 »

However the way prices are rising I can see me having to sell everything when we have to fund Junior through university  :o  so they may not still be around when I 'pass on'!!

Elaine

I'll be waiting ;D

Damo :)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 10:53:32 »
I'll be waiting ;D

Damo :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:funny!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 15:27:46 »
oh may what a topic  :o :o :o :o :o :o i've never thought of that  ??? the important is to enjoy what we have when we live. after dying who cares where the  property will go ,probably they'll sell them on ebay or something to empty the space  :lol: :lol: :lol:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 15:52:42 »
I think i'd prefer for my collection to pass on to somebody who will appreciate it. Don't want it to be sold so that my children or grandchildren will get a car... Thats sharing Bill's sentiment...

Now sharing Martin's sentiment, if I go, my collection goes with me!!!

(of course I might get married in the future, have kids and hopefully they'll love playmobil so thay inherit them...)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 19:14:17 by Wolf Knight »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 19:08:19 »
Well, I consider my Victorian collection to be an heirloom in its own right and quite a rarity as it was now discontinued many years ago, but beyond its commercial value it is the great sentimental value attached to it and the many great moments when my happy little Victorians highlightened my Life and this is priceless  :cloud9:

I absolutely share the feeling that such a special collection should go to someone who will appreciate it  :love:

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 19:46:16 »
I was only thinking about what would happen to my collection when I died as we drove back home today from Norfolk.  No children, great nephew and great niece too young yet to show any interest and better half not a collector.  So maybe it's off to eBay with them or the charity shop or the local church playgroup nor whatever.

Martin's idea has attractions, of course.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 00:38:04 »
¡LONG LIVE THE KING! :lol:
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 18:42:48 »
Sorry Martin, they ain't gonna be digging it up in a thousand years.  Like the grave robbers of old, I'll be all over that before the funeral flowers have wilted.  Just Kidding Martin, I have no desire to have a playmobil curse.    :lol: