Author Topic: What have I got?  (Read 3902 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: What have I got?
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 13:03:13 »
A a year or more go I started to ditch Microsoft as much as I could.  I still have to use XP or Vista depending which laptop I'm using but for email I use Thunderbird, for browsing the web Firefox and for office work OpenOffice, saving files in Microsoft compatible form.  It's much better than Word or Excel etc and free.  Next step may be going to a Linux-based OS.

I've not found Vista too bad once I ditched the "glass" effect which slowed everything down terribly.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: What have I got?
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 18:57:50 »
I heartily agree with Martin,

I love threads like this - I can show my wife how really I'm just paddling on the shores of the Playmobil Ocean, while many of my Playmofriends are in full deep sea diver mode. ;)

Shades of Richard!  This is one reason I give myself a head start before I start to keep track of my hobby items. Since 98% of them are in storage I need a little time to enjoy the hunt for items before the realities of cost and storage kick in, but I do like your approach.

Gepetto