Author Topic: 4650 Castle Ghost ... any idea?  (Read 5948 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
4650 Castle Ghost ... any idea?
« on: January 28, 2006, 17:21:06 »
Today I went out for fetching some of the new specials.  Although I'm not with old themes I also picked up the castle ghost (4650), thinking that it might become handy some day.

Unpacking it and looking closer to it I suddenly wondered myself what this should be? Ghosts I normally "know" (not actually  ;)) as white dressed, dead, mostly transparent persons, often shown covered with a white sheet like in the Playmo case too.

Head, hair, hands, and feets of this set are also matching with my stereotype imagination of a ghost, but what is about this skeleton dress? Playmobil actually has a skeleton in its portfolio, so if this should actually be one, why they didn't used it?

Should this actually represent a castle ghost (as it is named on the Playmobil Web site) or is this more a Halloween costume for a "real live klicky"? What do you think?

I'm also wondering, why this special came out, now at this point of time? Is this another contribution to the knight theme or a teaser for a new horror series? Any ideas?

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
Re: 4650 Castle Ghost ... any idea?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 18:48:04 »
Can you see the skeleton through the 'sheet', like it shows on the website?  I've been wondering about that.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 19:11:19 »
Can you see the skeleton through the 'sheet', like it shows on the website?  I've been wondering about that.

No, barely (cf. picture). Same in the dark.

Actually the glowing effect is only visible in a nearly complete dark room. There you can see the skeleton imprint as well as the head, hands, and feets are glowing, not to forget the sheet itself too.

I just compared how it looks like if I use the real skeleton instead (cf. picture), and I must say, that -- in the case I actually would like to have a "skeleton ghost" -- I prefer the real one; not to forget, that the skeleton also glows in the dark.

Another "disadvantage" of this set I just realized: the sheet always jumps from the head of the figure (does not stay in the "head groove" of a klicky). So the sheet only lays loose on the figure and the eyes are not visible thru the sheet eye-holes.

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 19:32:24 »
Thanks for the review of this set. I have bought several of the older ghosts to use in customs, so I will probably pass on this offering..

Ghosts I normally "know" (not actually  ;)) as white dressed, dead, mostly transparent persons, often shown covered with a white sheet like in the Playmo case too.

You mean, ghosts like these:

He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 21:20:00 »
 :lol: ;D Yes, ghosts like these  ;)

BTW, brilliant idea! I think I also can do this be my own.  ;D

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 22:14:12 »
I like your idea for the skeleton underneath the sheet better that whay they've done.  I'll probably pick up a couple, since all of my 'ghosts' were from ebay lots, and not very white.  I'll have to get a few more skeletons though.

Thanks for the pictures and the review.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 23:24:50 »
I expect I will get some for the glow in the dark sheet.
I bought some glow in the dark paint last year and haven't used it. Shall have to give some thought to a project or two.

Offline Corkskrew

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 12:06:26 »
The sheet of the ghost is more transparent than the older version. I'm not excited about the figure either... but i really like the white feet. The figure's already booked for its first custom  ;D

I think the hair only comes in that colour (white) with this figure.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 23:06:26 »
I think the hair only comes in that colour (white) with this figure.

I hadn't noticed that before. Thanks for pointing it out, Brian. :)

Like you, Jo, I also think 4650 looks like a rather strange combination of parts - the printed skeleton on the body just doesn't seem to suit the 'sheet' covering. :-\

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 16:12:12 »
Another "disadvantage" of this set I just realized: the sheet always jumps from the head of the figure (does not stay in the "head groove" of a klicky). So the sheet only lays loose on the figure and the eyes are not visible thru the sheet eye-holes.

Jochen, this is actually a bug. They tend to have this problem more often lately. I just remember this kind of problem with the recent crusader and the last civil war soldier... So far I opened two ghosts... one sheet slipped, the other seems to be in better shape... :)
BTW: It appears to me that it is not a problem of the sheet, it is a problem of the wig. I assume, there are certain variances when producing the wigs. And the soft plastic pieces like this sheet are more sensitive for these small differences... Try another wig and I would bet it fits better... :)

I agree, I have been disappointed by this special, as I really looked forward to get it... The sheet should be much more transparent... It looks much cooler on the box than in reality...

But I like the figure, though. :)

best regards,
socrates

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen