Author Topic: Easter Eggs Overview  (Read 8288 times)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Re: Easter Eggs Overview
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 19:01:02 »
2006 eggs
Red              Black Knight with horns  (figure from 4517?)
Blue            Pirate with scull (figure from 4581)
Green          Boy with g-kart (4510?)
Yellow          Maiden with little kittens (figure from special 4570)
 8-)

Wow, Meg, you really have them all?  8}

best regards,
socrates

Well I dont have the 2006 eggs
I dont think they have been released yet.
This years eggs are more of a disappointment than other years because everything is recycled

:o Wow.

:hmm: You are making me more and more wonder how large you collection actually is ...  ???

What does this mean? Are the spanish ones different?

I will keep you thinking about how large the collection really is  :P

The Spanish eggs are hard to find these days, and the rare figures that Tahra found are very rare.
(I am thinking of the Egyptian, here.  The female astronaut was made by Spain for the TelePizza chain)

I have 9 Spanish eggs, but I would not even think I have most of the figures that were released with them.
Some speculated that it was a way for the Spanish factory to clean out their shelves.

The Spanish eggs all have the same  "Huevos Sopreso". They come in a lot of colors.  I actually have one that is a gold color.

You can go on collectobil and find a picture of how they were sold is sets of 1 dozen (12 eggs)
http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/9985.htm

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 20:44:31 »
I have a few eggs in the themes that I collect and now thanks to Megs list I know that there is only one more that I need.

3977 Pirate, anybody got one sealed ? ( I don't honestly excpect a reply to That  ;D)
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 20:52:44 »
You would ask for the Hard to find one.   :o

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 21:14:49 »
You would ask for the Hard to find one.   :o

I know,

I did bid on one once that turned up here in the UK, I wasn't going to be in when the auction ended so I thought I had put enough money on it. I was outbid by a pirate collector in Portugal, who later decided too sell his pirate theme for some reason. I saw the egg on ebay again with others But didn't want to get into a bidding war with a collector from the US.  ;)
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 22:05:11 »
Hey,
I NEEDED that egg!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 22:34:27 »
Believe me, Jochen... you really don't want to try collecting ALL of the Spanish eggs! 8}

I think their contents are as hard (or maybe harder) to catalogue than keychains. Many of them seem to be made of weird left over parts (probably excess factory stock), some of which don't even look like they belong together... although I have to admit, every once in a while there is a real treasure to be found amongst them... like an unseen before female astronaut, for example. You might have to buy several hundred eggs before you find one though. ;)

As hoppatussa and Meg already noted, the real trouble is if you buy these eggs sealed, you have no way of knowing exactly what is inside, and the colour of the shell does not give much clue... hence the name "Sorpresa". ;D

Also I think they've stopped producing these eggs now, so it's probably more difficult to get them in mint condition at a reasonable price these days.

Thanks for posting your detailed list, Meg (and also Socrates, for the additional info on the 2006 range). I'm sure this will be very useful to all the Playmobil Egg collectors on the forum. :)9

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 05:42:58 »
Believe me, Jochen... you really don't want to try collecting ALL of the Spanish eggs! 8}

Oh, I'm already sure, that I even do not want to collect all the other eggs  ;D
Although this would be a really nice task, and the result will be worth to be displayed, but for sure this project would be tightly coupled with spending a lot of money on eBay and somewhere else.  I made this experience already in the past trying to collect all the available Danger Girl comics (including all the special editions) on the market: some are quite easy and cheap to get, but others -- and those are these, which would complete the collection -- are quite difficult to get a hand on; and if they should be avialable on eBay once, the prices are quite high (over 100 Euros for a single one). So this task might only be become frustrating to me, not willing and even not being able to spend that much money on a single item  ;)