Author Topic: Custom-ships from other people on other forums  (Read 49397 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Re: Custom-ships from other people on other forums
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2011, 05:06:30 »
Custom trimaster based off the 3050 style body.  I saved these pics off the old playmoboards, so it might be one of yours!  Chime in if it is!  Awesome ship!  (yukky swamp)

Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2011, 05:09:26 »
I also know not to whom this belongs, so please claim it if it is!  I LOVE the paintwork on this hull!  Too bad it isn't rigged yet in these pics.  It seems to be venetian IMO in its decor:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2011, 05:16:48 »
This is DeadEye Dick's Punisher, I believe.  I know he's a member on here already, but I haven't seen him online in a LONG TIME (what happened to you?  come back!)  and his original thread's images don't exist anymore.  These pics I took when he posted them on the old playmoboards:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2011, 05:21:24 »
These may have been Deadeye's too, or someone else's on here.  It's a "schooner"-styled 3050 ship!  Well done!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2011, 05:25:33 »
I think this was Deadeye's for sure, because he and I were talking, at one point, about how to add a longboat at the stern of the ship, and he also had cut gunports in the lower deck of this 3050 style (BlackBeard's Ship in USA) ship.  Awesome!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2011, 06:07:10 »
These are all so beautiful Atto!!!  :o :o :love: :love:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2011, 08:18:26 »
Dunno if this was DeadEye Dicks too or not, or perhaps someone on here, but the pic was titled "Navy Pirate Hunters" when I downloaded it back in 2006:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2011, 08:19:48 »
This one (also unknown owner) was titled "Coral Star"

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2011, 08:22:34 »
One last one, reminds me of skywalkers work (unless it is!)  (sorry skywalker if this is yours...please claim your credit if it is!)

This was titled (in French) : "Attaque Pieuvre"  (Octopus Attack)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2011, 08:41:24 »
I found more pics of Lobo's "Umgebaute" ("converted, customized") Pirateship:

I can't seem to find the same one Hadoque posted, so that must mean there are more than what I found.  I wish I could get a better look at the focastle and the main deck.  In the german forum he mentions he plans to make the sails able to be removed and exchanged for furled versions, depending on which sails the captain wants set or doused, and he has yet to add more rigging and longboats and swivel cannons.  I can't wait to see more pics.

Oh, and I was in Toys R Us just yesterday and found this non-playmobil ship which I believe Lobo used to customize his 4290:

I was thinking about buying it actually, and I knew I recognized parts of it before (in Lobo's) but I just didn't know where exactly until I really looked at his pics :).  I find it interesting how he chopped off the stern of the donor pirate ship and added it to become a prominent fo'castle at the bow of the ship.  My current knowledge of ships currently makes me unaware of any ship that had a higher fo'castle than stern castle.  And I love how he extended the stern with extra 4290 stern gallery parts so that it hangs over the rudder (and then he transplanted the donor ship's rudder over the playmobil one.  It's VERY interesting!  Historically, some pirates (including BlackBeard) really did take conventional ships and would customize them beyond normal specs.  The real BlackBeard chopped OFF the fo'castle so he could install bow cannons, and then he built a dutch-style grand stern castle atop the low-profile one (so he'd have nice grande captain's quarters to enjoy all his booty in I suppose).  I am now interested to look up any records of highly-modified pirate ships in real history.  I find these oddball ships quite intriguing!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 16:28:02 by BlackPearl2006 »