Author Topic: Rescue Dogs Squad  (Read 13754 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Rescue Dogs Squad
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 17:30:55 »
BTW, excellent photos of the rescue team.  Is the sky put in afterwards?

Sorry Gordon , missed this entry completely  :-[
No, there is no photo manipulation on these pictures -- as nearly every time in my Playmobil pictures (apart from cropping and scaling); the sky is taken from modell railroad supply. It's a large roll with only sky printed on it. It's a little bit blur because I used a long focal length so depth of field isn't large (although I tried to compensate with a small aperture combined with long exposure time -- about 3-4 seconds).

Thank you for showing us your wonderfull custom. I was really impressed with the decals and must take this opportunity to thank you for mentioning us to the supplier. I have been looking for suitable decals for my fire service for quite a long time now.

Oh yes, I've also looking for this quite a long time (to be accurate since the Jan 19th 2005  ;D). My very first customizing, after I had rediscovered my faible to Playmobil, I never showed because an important detail was missing due to the lack of a suitable decals -- now I have it , so it will be shown here in several days  ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 19:33:30 »
The sky is very effective, Jochen.  What scale is it - O, G - and who makes it, please?  You can't get rolls of sky over here, just small sheets which you have to join and which don't always match in shade!

Your last sentence is a real cliff-hanger!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 06:41:43 »
The sky is very effective, Jochen.  What scale is it - O, G - and who makes it, please?  You can't get rolls of sky over here, just small sheets which you have to join and which don't always match in shade!

It's from Vollmer and called "Sceneic background-clouds" article no. 6112 for H0+N; there are two sections included, together 280 cm long and 50 m in height; price should be between 12 and 20 Euros (depending on where you get it).
It took me also quite a while until I found such a piece in a shop. Maybe it can be ordered. If you like I can do some investigations on it and try to order it somewhere over here.

(Addition: some are offering this article over here on eBay for quite reasonable fixprice; international "bidders" are welcome, e.g. here)

Your last sentence is a real cliff-hanger!

Don't expect to much. It's quite a simple one ('cause it was one of my firsts) but -- as I think -- an effictve one which looks quite close to an original PM item. Maybe I can make it to setup a nice background for the figure this weekend so I can post some photos.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 06:59:39 by Little Jo »