Author Topic: First Class Passenger Car  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
First Class Passenger Car
« on: February 17, 2006, 04:48:49 »
About a year and a half ago I won an auction for some of the older blue Playmo passenger coaches. When I received them I was shocked and surprised. Surprised, because one car looked like it had never been removed from the box and was in beautiful condition. Shocked because the other car looked like it had been forgotten in the garden and left in the sun for years!

There wasn't much I could do, except a total repaint. So, I bought some colors I though would look nice and started spraying. Here is the process, and the result...
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: First Class Passenger Car
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 04:50:07 »
The final product.
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 06:03:06 »
She is a very pretty passenger car

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 12:55:36 »
Great paint job, Henry!

I read that you are using Krylon's Fusion in spray cans. I've not used it yet, but I understand that it's supposed to be terrific.

Rob (Mansion Buider) wrote that he had found a paint for plastics that will not peel or scratch off. And, I saw that you had asked him what he's using. I hope that he answers you, as I have an airbrush and would like to try it and compare it to the Fusion paint.

Thanks for showing us how to bring a railroad car back to "life" ...  :)9

All the best
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 15:22:48 »
Thanks an excellent repaint, and a very impressive colour scheme.  Clearly a high class rail system.  I very much like the gold coachline an grab handles.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 19:09:21 »
I really like this custom, it is one of the things that gave me the idea of creating a custom zoo train from the currently cheap passenger cars. Thanks for posting this - now I will know where to go when I am ready to start my project this summer.

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 21:06:19 »
Nice wagons. I like the golden line between the blue and the gray areas  :)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 00:41:41 »
Thanks everyone - I am glad you liked them!

My project for next year, I think, will be a Playmobil Polar Express. It is not a very good picture, but it is basically a blue/grey car with a broad red strip across the middle, and black rooftops I think. I have three of the ultra cheap Playmo passenger cars set aside and will try to find matching paint ...