Author Topic: Printing photos to a specified size  (Read 1536 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Printing photos to a specified size
« on: March 22, 2010, 14:21:25 »
I know this isn't a technical problem specific to PF, but I'm certaint that someone on the board can answer it, so here goes.

Before I started putting the stickers onto the 4820 fire engine, I scanned them in in case of errors in fitting them.  I now need to print the scan off so I can replace a sticker I spoilt.  However, I cannot find any way to print the sticker sheet off actual size. Can anyone help, please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
Re: Printing photos to a specified size
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:22:30 »
Hmm, I might be able to help. But the most important bit of information is what kind of photo software are you using for scanning and, more impotantly, for scaling and printing?

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Printing photos to a specified size
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 18:32:07 »
Sorry for the delay in replying, Socrates, but I've been involved in the early stages of house buying recently and also had some problems with my computer.  However, here are the answers to your questions:

My scanner is an Epson 1600 and uses TWAIN.

My software can be either Fuji FinePix Viewer or FxFoto (a freebie).  The latter does allow a specific size to be specified, but I have some problems getting it to work sometimes. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”