Author Topic: Looking For A Part…  (Read 4948 times)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
Looking For A Part…
« on: February 09, 2010, 04:10:43 »
I’m not sure what they’re called, but there are these “swinging bridges” used in train yards to move single train units into stables for repairs and maintenance (I wanna say they’re called turntables). I know there was ate least one set with this part once-upon-a-time and was hoping someone could lead me back into the light…
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Looking For A Part…
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 04:41:59 »

I’m not sure what they’re called, but there are these “swinging bridges” used in train yards to move single train units into stables for repairs and maintenance (I wanna say they’re called turntables). I know there was ate least one set with this part once-upon-a-time and was hoping someone could lead me back into the light…

Hello, Andy ...

If you're looking for a Playmobil "turntable" that you saw, you may have actually seen an LGB/Pola turntable.

Click HERE and see attachment ...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 14:36:53 »
Hello

Oohh now that is an expensive looking set . I want one of those too  :lol: I have a feeling it is not easy to find for a decent price though  :'(

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 15:23:21 »
Wouldn't it be more cost effective to make one of these as a custom instead of paying approximately $330.00 USD  :o? You could make one if you have extra G scale track for a fraction of the price of an OEM one, but the only exception is it may be manual, not electric  ;D!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 15:29:32 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 06:21:22 »
Wouldn't it be more cost effective to make one of these as a custom instead of paying approximately $330.00 USD  :o? You could make one if you have extra G scale track for a fraction of the price of an OEM one, but the only exception is it may be manual, not electric  ;D!
You know, the set I saw might have been a custom… ¿Any ideas how it could have gotten built? (Yes, it most definitely was a Playmobil set, with the ‘7Ø’s era fixed-hands.)
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 13:13:29 »
Hi

Or you could make on out of a lazy Susan , more  ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 14:04:02 »
. . . Or you could make on out of a lazy Susan , more  ;) . . .

That is a great idea, Rasputin!  Thanks for the links - I often think that model train builders are among the most creative thinkers anywhere!  If the basic Rubbermaid-type lazy susan is too small or light-weight for the job, one could use the hardware that is used for built-in turntables in kitchen cabinets.  Here is a store that sells heavy-duty lazy susan hardware (and many other useful items - I buy stuff from them all the time.)   Lazy susan hardware at Rockler.com
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 14:46:36 »
Hi Indianna

Yes that link you showed had the perfect part for building one. The only thing is since this is for LGB the track needs to be "Hot" so one more crucial part is needed. It allows electricity to be on a spinning item. I know what it is I just have not looked for one lately.

Thanks for the link to the lazy parts
Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 15:01:38 »
Hi Ras!
That will work also! I guess my design is too complex, sorry  :-[! This premade design is better due to less work!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 15:30:45 »
Hi Ras!
That will work also! I guess my design is too complex, sorry  :-[! This premade design is better due to less work!

Hi Bill

You could make yours and sell if for $329  ;D I quit having sticker shock with LGB and for that matter any G Scale trains

Here

here

here

& here

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"